Aesthetics of April 2015

150428 Berry pegasus ver

A massive comission update ahead :) This month I got just two clients, but both had multiple heads/parts to do. It has been a few weeks filled with pastel dust but the results are worth it.

First up I got an order to blush basically an entire Kid Delf centaur doll, all in blue shades as the character is related to water. So the face-up is again one of my most colourful ones. I hadn't seen a Luts Berry before, but it is a cute little sculpt. The eyes somehow remind me of Soom Yrie...

Pegasus hooves

The hooves. Actually just one of each back and front leg is pictured, but of course I had all four of them to do. They just all look exactly the same so I didn't bother squeezing them all into the same picture. The client of course got previews of all four.

Those trasparent hooves were a bit tricky... The resin actually has a slight yellow tint when it is this thick, so my first blue layers made them look black-green! But luckily a few more layers moremade them blue. And you can see just how much darker they become when stringed with the other parts. Those are the same hooves! :D

Pegasus body

The torso, also with blue tones. That small transparent part was much easier to blush, since the resin wasn't as thick. Overall the torso was left quite light, since they needed to match the unblushed thighs.

Pegasus tail

The tail was a work of art to beginwith and I hope I did it justice :)

Pegasus hands

Hands blushing. The client wanted blue palms, to match the rest of the theme.

I also got the wings for this pegasus to blush, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish them by the end of this month...

150425 DES

And onto the next comission :) I got three heads from one client, all to have fairly natural face-ups. This gorgeous DES needed a bit more smoky eyes than the other two though :)

I haven't done face-ups for many dolls with eyes this big, so I was worried if I would have eyes to take the pictures with. Luckily the 18mm eyes were a fit, although I'm sure the doll would have looked even better with 20mm.

150425 Soom Kivi

A Kivi who will end up with red hair/green eyes combo :) That's why the eyebrows are more brown than what I usually do. Also, there are freckles, if you look closely :)

150428 Twing-key

Ans last but definitely not the least, a Twing-key with a girly face-up. When I first found BDJs, DoD's dolls were the ones I fell for. Since then I have switched over to Soom, but these dolls have a special nostalgic feel to them still :) So I'm glad I got to paint one!

Kommentit

  1. Todella upeaa meikkausjälkeä jälleen! ? Tykkään miten pehmeää jälkeä saat aikaan ja miten taitavasti osaat luoda erilaisia ilmeitä nukeille pienilläkin eleillä :) Hirmuinen urakka varmasti ollut tuon pegasus-projektin parissa, mutta lopputulos on kyllä erittäin kaunis ja blushaus näyttää kovin tasaiselta~ Kieltämättä on muuten jotain Yriemäisyyttä tuossa Berry-moldissa, etenkin noiden korvien kera!

    Itselläkin itseasiassa aikoinaan kiinnostus BJD:eitä kohtaan alkoi Dream of Dollin nukeista ja muutama tuli omistettuakin jonkun aikaa :D Jännästi se nukkemaku voi muuttua vuosien varrella, nykyään Soomin (ainakin nämä vähän vanhemmat julkaisut) ja Iplehousen nuket ovat eniten se oma juttu! ?

    VastaaPoista
  2. Kiitos! Pehmeät, mutta väritäyteläiset blushit taitavat olla minun juttuni nukkemeikeissä :D
    Luulen, että ihastuin DoD:n nukeissa eniten kuitenkin nukkejen stailaukseen ja niihin firman kuviin. Omistajakuvissa ne harvoin näyttävät yhtä upeilta :( Luulen että yksi juttu siinä on se, että DoD:n profiilit ovat hieman erikoiset, mutta profiilikuvia ei firman sivuilla hirveästi ole. Silti tämä Twing-key oli kyllä livenäkin oikein soma :3 ... Joskus vielä haluaisin meikata E-Anin, joka oli se The Nukke jonka aioin aikoinani hankkia! Ennen kuin sain pikku-soomilaisen käsiini ja sitten se oli menoa...

    VastaaPoista
  3. Great job on all, but I'm specially impressed with the centaur body. Your blushing is perfect! I can't believe the transparent resin keeps it's translucid property after painted, what did you use?

    VastaaPoista
  4. I just applied pastels in thin enough layers until I got the shade I wanted. The transparent parts stayed a bit transparent :)

    VastaaPoista
  5. Woah tuo Berry on kyllä aivan upea kokonaisuus ei voi muuta sanoa! *_* Mahtavaa työtä! Tämä nukke oli blankonakin kaunis mutta korostit kyllä kasvojen parhaita puolia oikein nätisti tuolla meikillä. Nuo läpinäkyvät osat ovat tosi kauniita sinisellä blushauksella. Teit todellakin oikeutta hännälle! Jos hankin joskus kentaurin, se tulee sulle blushiin! x'D

    Aika jännää että nuo kaviot tulivat tummemmiksi, mutta minusta se sopii kyllä oikein hyvin~

    Muutkin meikit oikein nättejä, etenkin tuo Dark Elf Soo. En olekaan aiemmin huomannut miten ihanat luomet tällä sculptilla on.

    VastaaPoista
  6. Joo kyllä tällaisen kentaurin mielellään tekee, kun siinä pääsee näkemään sen kokonaisuuden :) Mahdollisuudet kuitenkin eri väriyhdistelmiin ovat rajattomat. Ja nyt aina kun tekee uudet kaviot, niin tulee hinku tehdä ne oman kopottimen kaviot >w<

    Noissa kavioissa toi tummuus johtuu varjosta, kun valoa ei pääse resiiniin niin paljoa kuin esim hännässä. Onneksi tajusin ottaa sen kuitenkin huomioon, ennen kuin blushashin kaviot ihan mustiksi :D Nythän niissä ei itsessään ole tosiaan paljoa pastellia.

    Ja tässä oli tosiaan kivasti tasapainottamassa nuo neutraalimmat päät. Sai kivasti tehdä näitä vähän vuorotellen, niin ei silmä väsynyt samoihin väreihin :)

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit