Candy Princess

Candy Princess 03

:P I went and got a Taco after all... Found a human version on DoA and just went for it in the end. She arrived this week and yesterday I did her face-up. Sadly, today we have a very heavy fog so the pics aren't that good bright, but they are bright enough to show her off a little.

So here's Cotton Candy Lollipop. You can also call her just Cotton, or even CC if you like. I might also at times call her Hattara, which is the Finnish word for cotton candy. She doesn't have any real sort of story, but I think she'd be somehow connected to the Cupcake sisters. Hence all the candy names :D

Candy Princess 02

I'm imagining she's this very stuck-up, self-absorbed little girl who has a very hard time apologising for anything. A little snowflake princess...

She's supposed to be the snow blue resin colour, but it really looks more like light mint to me in most lightings. Doesn't really bother me, since mint looks very cute. I'd still like to know if this is the colour of all Tacos, as in what the snow blue mellows into. She's pretty solid coloured, as in if there's yellowing, it is consistent. I'd also like to compare her to a Sov, which is in Soom's light green colour. I still think she's legit though, as all the markings in the body and headcap look crisp enough.

Candy Princess 01

So now I've done it... I have gotten a truly fantasy coloured doll. Something I swore I'd never do. Never say never is so true in this hobby. She looks a bit odd next to my other Teenies, as in like a zombie next to Hippu's healthy NS colour, but on her own her colour scheme looks very nice.

And lets face it, I could style her up from all the things I already had home. I had enough Teenie-sized things to get a whole another doll! Cotton has the eyes left over from Hani ever since she took the blue Vings eyes. Then a wig both Hani and Other-Nuu have been using. And of course all the pink Soom outfit pieces I have collected over the years... Now I finally have a real user for them :3

Kommentit

  1. She's very pretty!! I thought she was cream white and somehow the pics turned a bit blue or something??? I couldn't tell it was snow blue >.<!!! Now that I do know I can see it's a very light blueish tone, and it's pretty, it could be that the original tone mellows to this like you said. I really like her face up, specially the pink cheeks, they give a nice contrast to her pale skin.
    Maybe some body blushing in pink tones would make her look better next to your other teenies, without loosing that fantasy color theme.

    VastaaPoista
  2. I already did blush her hands, but it woudln't matter even if I did a full blush. It would only cover up that lovely tone. I need to take pics of her next to the others, once the conditions become more favourable.

    These photos do have a bit of blue/green hue to them, which throws it off even more. But next to Nuu it is clear that Cotton is a whole another shade of resin.

    VastaaPoista
  3. She is lovely! x3 She has that same mischief that Yuffie has, I bet they would be quite a pair! xD Pink-blue theme works really nicely, awesome.

    (PS, just remembered she reminded me from something. I did some googling and found the connection. If you google "Original Gourmet Cotton Candy Lollipop" you get pictures f these super cute blue and pink lollipops, I believe I have tasted one once, is was super, teeth rotting sweet. <3 Dunno, did you use those as inspiration? xD )

    VastaaPoista
  4. No, but it's a nice coincidence. I just chose lollipop as a surname since it (and marshmellow) were only candies in pink-blue colours I could think of. Those and Spiderman soda, but I wasn't going to use that as a name... I was struggling with the first name and was almost going with Blue, but I first checked with Deary if that'd be ok (her little boy being Bleu). And then she remembered having seen blue cotton candy at an amusement park. And then Cotton Candy just stuck. :)

    I don't know what it is, most of my newer dolls that I do the faceups for myself are ending up looking mischievous... And it is a trend with most of the faceups I've done for others as well... I was going to go for sulky for Cotton at first, but seeing her blank I just couldn't resist emphasising that hint of a smirk. I'm also going to go for sulky for Rigel, but let's see how that'll turn out. Maybe I just don't want my dolms to be frowny?

    VastaaPoista
  5. Congrats on getting her! She really is a cut above all the Tacos (at least of the ones I know) with that face-up. Loving the "cute with a bite" kind of feeling she has going on. >:3

    That color is awesome and looks even better IRL. The way I see it; the snow blue skin gives an illusion of her being made of porcelain. I love that, it really makes her unique.

    VastaaPoista
  6. Oh wow thank you! :) And you're right about the porcelain. This resin colour also makes her look a bit ethereal, until compared to NS dolls. But it is a lovely colour and a fantasy colour I can live with. Never say never, but I don't think that the bolder fantasy colours (pale blue, light violet) would work out with my crew this well. But luckily I can enjoy those colours through the dolls of my friends :)

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit