Name Behind the Fox

Foxy Lady 01

So with Fyrd currently stuck in the fully girl body, I just had to dress him, well now her, up for it. Luckily she's not one to mind. The character Fyrd is actually a chaos god, with multiple avatars, one of which is clearly a woman. This female version of him actually has her own name (as do the other avatars as well): Shara. So if you have been wondering why I go by a different name on some doll forums (like DoA), it's because back then I had chosen to use this female avatar's name, whereas the blog (and now many other places) uses the actual god's name.

Foxy Lady 02

At times I wish I could change my nick on those forums, so that I'd be Fyrd everywhere, just to be consistent. Thenagain at other times I want to use Fyrd as only a trademark (Fyrd 8th, Aesthetics of the 8th, Of the 8th etc.), so not to confuse my own persona with Fyrd's character or the doll by the same name. It always amuses me when someone refers to me as Fyrd, but I get why people do that, as long as I keep using it as a nick. I really don't know how to make it less confusing... :(

But on Lady Shara here, it isn't permanent. I did a Taobao order with Velvet, which is mostly clothes and shoes for Eiko, but there is also some supplies like more headcaps and some SD elastic to try and restring this SDGr body better. So when that happens, Eiko can have her own body back and Fyrd can be back to somewhat boyish.

Kommentit

  1. I so know this feeling of nick confusion. In Guild Wars 2 I got my nick, and it does show in few places, but only if you bother to look for it: usually you just see people's character names and it's so much easier to just call them with that.

    So we have couple of friends there, we play all the time, and since they don't have too many characters on higher levels and they are all light to medium types, and dark prefers medium ranger, so it has come my habit to take a tank, so if there comes a bigger beast we got some extra muscle. So I got my huge, badass, born female guardian with a huge hammer, which I have named after my very ninja-like, powerfuland stone faced warrior character called Trist from one of my stories. I have now come to know these people I play with outside the game as well, and they always, always call me Trist. And I always feel like my brain sprains a little. xD

    But as in your case, it's they nick everyone sees the most so it makes sense! And Trist is very badass, I should be honoured to be called after her. xD Curse of the nicks, they stick! And I guess it would be more confusing for them to learn another name for me. ^^;

    Fyrd looks cool in frills as always. Or well, Shara in this case I guess. ;3

    VastaaPoista
  2. Wow, this is a pretty interesting concept! Shara looks stunning too, I went to check your Flickr (I'm stalking, hahaha) and you have so gorgeous dolls!

    Also, I really love Shara's ears, they are so cute :3

    VastaaPoista
  3. Yeah, thanks. Sure, I should be 'honoured' as well, for Fyrd is a very, very powerful being. But there are some things *chaoscough* about him that I don't really identify too well with :P

    VastaaPoista
  4. Aw thanks! The ears just kinda stuck with this doll version of the character. When I write about him or draw an illustration, he usually doesn't have those. Fox-ears are part of his background story, but a very minimal thing. But when I bought these Soom Necy ears on a whim, I just loved how they looked on him! And they were originally meant to be desert fox ears for tiny dolls, I'm glad they look so well porpotioned on an SD head :)

    VastaaPoista
  5. Ohhh I love the whole concept of Fyrd having different avatars and all. The eards suits Fyrd and Shara very nice.

    I have the same problem with my nickname online, I'm Ellesmera on DoA because that was the name I used in all my MMOrpg characters, It's not even related to my dolls at all, but then I decided to create fantasywoods.net (like 3 years ago) and started using that name on DA, Flickr, etc.
    I post in my blog as Ellesmera, maybe I should change it (I think I will), but Fantasywoods is not even a name, how is people going to call me? Fan? Fantasy? XD!

    I think of you as Fyrd since every time you reply comments that's the name it shows up, which makes sense to me, but I could call you with another name if you prefer :D

    VastaaPoista
  6. Nah, Fyrd is just fine. I chose the nick myself, so I'll have to live with it XD My own fault really, since I never really found myself a neat permanent nick to use back when I was a teen, when most of the others seem to have gotten theirs... And in the end, Fyrd is my most important character, my most hated villain, the most fun to use against any player (in tabletop RPG that is).

    The story/gameplay where Fyrd originated was a fantasy world where there are seven gods ruling over destiny, life, love, death, magic, justice and knowledge. Fyrd is the outcast eighth god (hence the Fyrd8th of the blog). His main avatar, Fyrd himself, is the one opposing destiny as a lord of chaos. He has avatars for all the rest six gods as well. They are all sort of anti-gods for the main gods. Shara is actually a prostitute goddess opposing the goddess of pure love :P

    VastaaPoista
  7. Awesome pictures!! *___* I think Fyrd might be my favorite of your big dollies... I certainly adore the character behind the doll as well. :3

    Ohhhh, I've been wondering about Shara/Fyrd, so now I know! I've referred to you as Fyrd or Fyrd8th in my blog because I think when you comment on Blogger it shows Fyrd as your nickname? Actually I kind of imagine Fyrd's voice sounding a bit like yours. :D

    VastaaPoista
  8. Yeah, the only place where Shara is shown as my nick is my email account and the doll forums.

    And funny you should say that about the voice... I have always thought/described Fyrd's voice to be nasal, like mine is. And since I have kind of a low voice for a woman, his is not too much different. Just a bit more masculine, but not manly as such. It is certainly very easy for me to speak as Fyrd in the games. I just need to drag my voice a bit, unless Fyrd is angered. Then we both speak in rapid-fire tempo :D

    VastaaPoista
  9. O3O I wanna hear you talk like Fyrd now! :3

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit