New Fox

New Fox 04

Is has been, and will continue to be a hectic long weekend, but I still managed to redo Fyrd's face-up and take pictures. Nevermind that right this moment, I should actually be planning the next D&D game >_< that we are going to play in a few hours... And right after that we are going to go to my step-father's place, so I should actually change my clothes into something more formal... And clean up a bit more. But no! I must share the face-up first! XD


New Fox 01

I've looked at Fyrd for some time thinking that I would like to repaint his face. The old face-up was nice, but it looked a bit washed out in my photos, and some of the lashes were too thick. Back when i did it, I made an extra layer of lashes so that they would show up better, but on hindsight it didn't work as planned. I also didn't want him to look to have too much blush/make-up, so I kept the face-up pretty natural. It looked good irl, when one could actually see the subtle blushing. But in photos, the blushing didn't show up at all...

Well, I remedied that. Irl the blushing is now very, very strong, but in photos it's not that clownish as one might think from looking the actual head. I also reshaped his eyebrows, they are now go more straight up, a brow-pattern I first did for Velvet's Grey (who could honestly be a little grey Fyrd with that grin of his. and Velvet even wears a red wig on him! :D ). I kept the lips as they were since that was the thing I loved about the last face-up.

New Fox 02

I actually think that this face-up looks a bit like Volks face-ups, if I might say so myself. I mean the recent face-ups Volks has painted on their limiteds. Especially the cheek blushing is similar, with the red 'bleeding' down the eyes, like I use to say XD It sounds horrible, but since I blush those strong red tones right down from the lower lid, it is quite fitting... But  I think one must do the face-ups just like me to actually get that description...

I actually thought about organising a face-up-tutorial meet, where participants could come to my place and I'd show just how I do my face-ups and they could do one of their own using my methods and materials. But I intended to do Fyrd's face in that setting, since it is the only doll I have myself that I wanted to redo =_= Impatient me... I don't really want to do an unfamiliar doll with spectators, since with those I need to think more about what sort of colours to do next and I take quite long breaks from the face-up to get the right feel for continuing. Also, if the face-up is for a customer, I need to take progress photos and such so I couldn't finish the face-up on just one go. Well, I might still do a retake on Hani's face-up one day, although using a smaller head as a sample is not ideal.

New Fox 03

Now he just need those special eyes that should be coming next month :3 Kjeh kjeh kjeh...

Kommentit

  1. Luuuuuv this new look! Especially the eyebrows and the painted eyelashes~ I love the somewhat "painted" feeling of the eyebrows, but it's still subtle enough so it looks natural and not too stylized. Although it does have a reminiscence of - for example - Dollfie Dreams' face-ups.

    Haha, I really like that idea of my Soom Grey looking like a "mini-Fyrd"! X'D So true~ hence funny~ :3 Maybe we should take a photoshoot with these two sometime.

    I think that's a great idea, keeping a tutorial meet on face-ups. I know I'd attend! If you need a practise head, you could - for example - borrow my free event SSDF-head (or KDF head) for that purpose and try making a few different face-ups for him before the final one if you want to. I'd like to see different looks on him as well~

    VastaaPoista
  2. Yeah the brows do look a bit like the ones painted on DDs, now that you mention it :) And we should definitely take pictures of Grey and Fyrd together :D

    I was actually thinking that I might wipe off the face-up on Other-Nuu's head, but your suggestion would work just as well. Especially if you are present yourself, you can give your tumbs-up or -down right there on the spot :) Yeah, maybe this might work... And I could arrange one around June, since there already is a meet in this town in May.

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit