Where did the time fly?!


We're past the holidays already! I still have a week of vacation left, but I haven't actually done anything I planned to do :D Except for the holiday visit of course... I spend the yule with three different families, mostly playing games with Valentine and my siblings. I got some loliable accessories (tights and hair bows) and more Disney Classics as presents, as well as drawing table from Valentine :3 I've wanted one for years now, but I just never managed to actually go and get one. But finally I got it! It's an Wacom Intuous Pen&Touch medium and so far I'm very happy with it. I tested it out to colour this old drawing of Bory and it it was far more easy that colouring with just a mouse.



I need to learn more about the physics behind brushes though, since atm I'm just going by trial and error and only know of a few brushes suited for a couple of situations. Still, it gives a nicer, a bit more 'naturally painted' result than my previous attempt. In this picture, I mostly used the shadows and lines from the drawing, I only redid the eyes completely, since in the original the eyes didn't much show at all. I actually wasted a couple of hours drawing his face from scratch, only to finally give up when I realised it was just better like this XD After that, it was the very easy chains to colour, and then quite a few layers of skin colour. I love colouring skin... Especially with bory... Yum, that tan! <3

Funny thing though, I rechecked my old D&D sheet of Bory, and it actually says that his skin is supposed to be fair XD I wrote that when we first created him, when all elves were fair-skinned. I started to picture him as tan-skinned when we talked about that his race was actually desert-elf (better suited for the warrior class) and it just stuck. But on Aygr's sheet, he is written as tan ;) So yes, I can finally officially reveal that the Commodore's greatest captain Grumpy is actually Aygr (who used to follow True Renault), or fully: Bory Aygr, a former slave from Sheba.

Doing Aygr's sheet was quite a hassle though... Bory had a sword greatly above his wealth-by-level, but quite low AC. For Aygr, I switched out the lvl 8 feat from Leadership to Improved Critical, eliminating the need for a Keen weapon, making the sword fit the budjet :D Then I actually had money left to improve his armor to a +1 breastplate (I'm so imagining the Soom Knight armor, in white for Aygr...) and add some neat accessories. He now even has a bow that can utilise his massive STR value :3

Oh, but enough about Bory and Aygr, unless  Soom releases a FC event with a tawny Wolf, with the human armor option... I'd so jump on that! But it's not going to happen in a few years, if they keep their current schedule.

I was supposed to write, finally finish the LeBrant story, but haven't touched it at all. Thenagain, I got bit by the flu right around New Year's eve and was pretty much just sunked into our sofa playing PS3. I'm better now, so maybe next week?

Kommentit

  1. Coloring looks great! I love the color scheme! x3 Scar looks awesome!

    There is lot of colorin tutorials to Photoshop-Tablet combo, I bet there is somewhere tips for the brushes too, if you need new idas for experiments! :3 (Not to mention amount of custom brushes people give out free in Deviantart, etc.) I've been reading all kinds of tutorials and dreaming from working drawing tablet. =_=; Then again, I'm a tutorial junkie, something are easier to learn by self. ^w^

    VastaaPoista
  2. Yeah once I get the basic hang of things, I'll go for tutorials myself. For sure I need tips for more complicated backgrounds, this was a bit of a cheat, although red always suits Bory ;) I also learn a lot from just browsing and squinting at the work of more experienced artists.

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit