Lazy December


Well, now that I've gotten Valentine to play HoDA as well, we pretty much spend all our time with that :D Last weekend I was so lazy, I didn't take any doll photos, not even for the challenge, and I think I'll pass this week as well. Maybe I'll get around to to catching up next week, but I doubt it... I managed to take other photos today, just not anything for the challenge. So Nigel is there, chilling with me on the new faux fur rug I got as my first X-mas present from Vanilla.



Been very stressed out at work lately and now I just want to relax on my long awaited vacation of three weeks. I've got some heads to paint, games to play, and stories to write. And it sounds like a fine vacation :)

But being lazy and not taking photos, I still do stuff with my dolls. I just did a GO for Mako to get some more eyes. Mostly for Milki... I hope one of the pairs I got will suit her. And I've been pining over new dolls :D Yeah, as if I already didn't have enough.

Not only are Teenies still itching at my heart, I actually fell for a new big guy X( I've been so safe from Soom lately (the Teenies that I really want are old sculpts from 2009), there has always been just something about them that leaves me feeling blah. I'm not into fantasy parts, they do look cool, but are just not for me. I have no characters that are half-animals. (Leave Rayden out of this, I don't want to think about a cute fox boy... >_< Or Lani... OK, I have furry characters as well, I just don't need them as dolls... except Lani... Dammit!) And so it'd have to be a very pretty face to get my attention.

And as pretty faces go, I fall for the mouths. Out of the big Sooms, Dia/Sard has always captivated me, with those large lips and their curves! Some 2008 sculpts have gotten close, but for those they were mostly the girls, like Onyx. I'm partial to Chalco, and I actually feel a bit bummed that I missed the human tawny Chalco event (with the jointed hands, even!), he could have been a nice Ryle. But out of the newer sculpts? Well, Migma's cool, but that's about it. Until the Knight.

Well, first of all, that armour set is gorgeous. And you know a character that I have, that actually would use armour just like that? Then look at that Wolf head, imagine those ears modded to be smooth elven ears, but long like they are now. And then picture it in tan. And we would have ourselves a Bory.

Yes, the mouth still looks a bit bland for me, but I thinks it's mostly Soom's face-up and the lighting used in the photos. I also thought that White Rabbit looked bland in the stock photo, but having browsed through some box opening, damn that's a cute face! I need to stay away from the Sooms!

I'm so happy they don't offer him in tan... It would have been a nice conversation with Valentine, trying to explain why I'm doing a layaway with Soom for yet another big guy... I would have to get pretty much everything: the armor set, the extra head (that human head is so cute as well!), the wig (which is something Bory could actually wear). I might just be able to pass on the clothes, just so that Bory could have a nice red shirt like he wants. Even the freaking eyes are the perfect colour! Only since I would want urethanes anyway, I wouldn't buy them from Soom.

But I'll be safe as long as I miss anything offered in tan. I don't really have any characters I need as dolls, but if I would dollify any of my characters, they'd all be tan, like Bory and Ryle. And even Matt would come out as a very light tan XD Me? Hooked on boy dolls? No.... ;)

But that armor... Still pondering whether I should try to get it from a split... I have no idea who it would be for though. Maybe just do a nice photoshoot with Nikki the Binary Knight X

Kommentit

  1. That armor IS amazing. :D Knight would fit to your crew style vice too, I could totally see him (in tan) on your self! xD But in sake of Valentine's peace of mind, maybe we'll just be happy for the un-tanness.

    Seems this lazy-period is somekind of epidemic. It seems to me that every person I have talked to is being a bit like I just want to relax-mode lately. Maybe it's the weather, or the darkness. Or just Christmas. :D

    Nikki looks awfully cute, btw.

    VastaaPoista
  2. I'm still thinking of getting just the armor. Maybe a nice tan chevalier will come on later :3 Like after two years or so, when my doll bying isn't this frequent.

    VastaaPoista
  3. Lani would be so adorable! :D And yay for more big men! Tanned ones are delicious, I say.. The armor set is kinda cool, I'm sure it would fit Nigel perfectly!

    And yeah, this vacation is for relaxing! To get to eat tasty food, sleep well and just enjoy the days when there's no rush to do anything ^^

    VastaaPoista
  4. Lani would. But I'm saving that character for Thunder play Beyla unicorn. Which leaves me open to get those tans.... >_<

    Yeah, I'll see if I can snatch that armor...

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit