Green with envy

Green with envy


I actually did a post about envy a while back. Not much has changed since then. I've just realised how to go about feeling envious. It's about wanting something that some one else has, right? So ultimately, if I really want it, I should work towards obtaining it myself. Because for real, there isn't much that only one person can hold. And it isn't away from them if others have it as well.



So if I feel envious about how good photographers others are, I just have to wok hard to improve my own photography. Reading tutorials, upgrading equipment, learning new techniques of both photography and post-production. And if I feel envious enough, I might get there some day.

Or if I'm envious of how a co-worker being social and getting friends easily, I just have to work on my own social skills. Learning that freaking small-talk, being interested in other people's lives and interests and loosening up a little. And not being so damn shy :D I have the hardest time starting a conversation with anyone.

What I'm trying to do here, is actually challenging that envy. If I feel envious about something, but won't be assed to do the work to achieve it, it really wasn't something to be that envious about in the first place. And if I do achieve it myself, it'll be even sweeter.

Well, enough about envy. There's something else too in this photo. I swtiched out Phoenix's eyes with Eiko. And now I really like how this kid looks with tourquoise eyes... And Eiko's not looking to shabby with the beige eyes, but pictures of that later. I might actually keep them this way :3

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit