Don't put all your eggs into one basket

Don't put all your eggs in one basket


This title for the challenge would have been so hard if Milki hadn't arrived. But now I have all my Byggs in one basket :D Well, not really, they are actually holding up a low tray, but the photo gives an illusion of it being a basket, so we'll just go with that.



I wanted to say that actually I am a person, who puts all her eggs into one basket, goes for all or nothing, but I don't know actually. On most things, I like to play it pretty safe. But I play safe as in I don't really take risks period. I think I'm stuck with thinking of this proverb too literally, since all I can think about is whether I'd place all bets on one horse in a race, or split the chances. And the answer is that I wouldn't place a bet in the first place. I don't gamble, except for having one row of lottery each week and joining some raffles when the price is something nice. I never win though XD

Ok, lets try to widen the scope here. I err on the safe side on other things as well. Like, I would never commit to buy anything that would tie up all of my income. I set money aside to my savings account each month and if I couldn't do that, I'd panic, nevermind what the money would be used for. As in, we could pay more each month to pay off our mortgage sooner. But I can't put all my income into that one 'basket'. This is not saying that I have a huge savings account :D Of course I can spend money from there, if something comes up. It can be a doll, a bill or just a larger extra payment for that debt for the bank.

For my writing, I'm not concentrating on just one storyline. I'm trying out which goes further, Nigel the Knight or Nigel the Seeker. Or something else altogether, whichever suits my current interest. This one is a bit more far-fetched, but I'm trying to say that putting all of one's eggs in one basket, a storyworld in this case, is taking a gamble in that storyline being able to carry your imagination to infinity. And I know that I get bored easily :D I still love my old stories, and someday might pick them up again, but I want to keep my options open.

Alright, the more I think about this, the farther I am from the 'all-or-nothing'-type... >_<

Kommentit

  1. *giggle* I guess this is where we are polar opposites! x3 Yeah, I save, I think, I ponder, I try to do everything safely - but it takes me great restraint from me. :3 I play safe when it's something that might danger my loved ones (thus I'm watching my money) but when it's about me... I just go with it. :D It frusturates me on being situations where I feel I'm locked on certain way to work against my will, and I rather blast trough and take a fall than be in that situation, cause possible reward often feels better than safe solution would bring, and if this end shitty, it wasn't worth it anyway. xD Being gambler gives a great freedom, though it occasionally means very, very ugly nose dives, but you kinda get used to it (in many things). It's been my whole life project to learn to play safe at times, other I would just rush trough everything like a elephant! xD

    That said, people who can think things safely and have strong visions and so have been both admiration and alien to me. I kinda get it, but at the same time I don't, and I just watch in awe what these people manage to do with their lifes. Gamblers and playing-safe people have different definitions for freedom, or they atleast sense them differently, and I keep wishing I could sometimes think like that.

    So what I'm trying to say that personally I think that ability to put "eggs on different baskets" is just admirable. :3 Thumb up!

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit