Tuning

Winter comes!


Since it's getting colder, I redressed Nuu in this cute hoodie. But first I resew the snaps in place, and replaced the big bulky buttons with these smaller ones I bought from Ebay long time ago. I'm not too picky about scale, but I have my limits. And the old buttons were the size of her fists, so these are a 'bit' of an improvement.



On the whole, I don't give much thought about mix'n'matching my different doll outfits, or customising them to my liking. I already mentioned ripping off a collar of Alex's shirt and then reattaching it to Nigel's sweater. It also don't matter to me what was the price of the item, as I've torn apart a headpiece of a pretty pricey Dollheart outfit. Ok, 'torn apart' is a bit harsh, I took it cleanly apart and it can always be sewn together again, I didn't totally destroy it.

I have some issue about selling pieces of an outfit separately though :D Or, I can't just do it myself. I would be happy to buy pieces separately from others second hand. The most extreme examples are my Soom Teenie MD outfits. Nuu is regularly wearing the pants from Glot's set, they are my favourite bloomers of all time! But I almost never use the corset or the cape even less. Nuu was also wearing the top of her own default Ai set, but I had much less use for the waistcloth or the cape. Now Nuu is wearing the top of a Soom BW set, of which all the other pieces are gathering dust in the box. And Yuffie has kept her bloomers from her DH outfit. Thenagain, of that set only the bloomers are something that I've managed to fit in with other clothes. The rest only seem to work as a set.

Hippu has actually kept on his DH Maximo outfit pretty long, except that I've exchanged the bloomers for something more fitting (the Soom TG are very slim and the DH pants fall off him!). Also Hani is wearing her own BW set as almost a full-set (again, the bloomers).

My boys haven't gotten many outfit sets. Only Alex has his school unform (of which I mostly use the pants), and Fyrd has the Evolution Fer (of which I mainly use the coat). Otherwise they can exchange their clothes pretty freely.

I'd love to rearrange my doll-items though. Currently most of my stuff is in a different room than the actual dolls and the rest the big ones are literally sitting on, so that I have to move them all to get to them. I'd love to free up a couple of drawers beneath them so I could store the stuff there, so I could easily change whatever that is I fancy changing at a given moment. As always, this plan has met the obstacle named Valentine. I need to figure out how to put Ikea furniture together on my own if I want to add drawers... Nevermind actually go buy them myself. And dragging them home. Bleh.

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit