Teeny Comission

Comission: Soom Feny


Spica comissioned me to do this cute little face for her Soom Feny. I must confess that I haven't been too impressed with any of Soom's newer (2009 forevah! :D ) dolls but these fox babies did intrigue me back when they were released. Mainly for the fox ears though since I sorta want a pair for Fyrd... (The Feny ears might be too small for that though, I might need Brecchia ears which are in a whole antoher price range.) But also for that cute little fang in this surprise head. I'm partial for fangs in general and these onesided ones just kill me. However, for me, the mouth is a bit too much open, so I could pass this cutie up. I'm glad I got to paint one though! This was one the most enjoyable comissions I've done :3



I'm trying really hard to resist being bitten by the Teenie-bug again though... Although SDs are my favourites atm, the Teenies still hold my heartstrings. Whenever I see an Afi, I get that tug. Or when I see an original Bygg, especially with an all-white styling... And it doesn't matter that I already have both of these sculpts at home :D I honestly could have Bygg in every colour if Valentine (and money) wasn't stopping me. I've been talking about the bronze Bygg/Beyla as Milk Chocolate, Hani's twin, but it gets better:

It was some time ago when I realised that in my Cheshka world, the 'centaurs' actually needed to be more like satyrs with horse hooves, walking on two legs instead of four. Pretty much like Soom did their Heliot. And Bygg/Beyla. And then if I note that one of my most beloved characters is Lani, the all-white centaur-boy with a unicorn horn, can you see where I'm going with this..? I have been able to not get Lani as a doll since I thought I had to get him in a centaur body and I don't really like the chubby look of Soom's Teenie centaurs. But a Beyla Thunderplay..? With the romantic head and all fantasy parts... Damn the default face-up even looks a lot like Lani to begin with!

But I must resist =_= I have nine dolls now and that should be enough!

Kommentit

  1. The little Feny is totally adorable! Sculpt is cute by it's own, and the face-up justmakes it better! :3

    I got to giggle to a thought of Lani-doll. ;3

    VastaaPoista
  2. You gotta, right? The little unicorn boy in all white... With a fluffy white ball of hair. With a shy and almost teary expression. And a some blood dripping from his mouth. :D If I ever get a Beyla to be Lani, I'd definitely mod those already adorable teeth to have vampire fangs.

    VastaaPoista
  3. Ooh, she's wonderful! *___* Thank you for making my doll even more beautiful than I could imagine~
    And I was happy to read that you enjoyed making this face-up! ^__^

    Teenie-bug is a serious disease, I'm know, I'm "suffering" from it. ;''D
    I agree with you, Bygg is one of the best sculpts Soom (or any company, haha) has made. :3 Bygg was my first Teenie, so maybe it's not hard to see why I fell head-over-heels for these little buggers, haha.
    I'd very much like a white Beyla Thunderplay with romantic head and fantasyparts as well to accompany my Bygg. I passed one with the romantic head because she didn't have the hooves. Now I'm kicking myself, I could have bought the hooves separately later on... >__< Oh well, I'm just happy I got my Bygg, I almost didn't get him, because I thought small dolls weren't for me. I'm so glad I decided to give him a chance. :3

    I'd love to see what you'd do with a little white unicorn though!!

    VastaaPoista
  4. You're very much welcome and I'm happy to do another comission for you :3

    You should take more pictures of your Bygg. I didn't see too many of those in your Flickr stream. And you sure got bitten as well, those Teenies have invaded your collection big time :D

    VastaaPoista
  5. Oh, the Bygg... I just had entered the hobby and they were brand new then. It was the first grey doll I saw and the only one I fell in love with. That romantic head with the horn, I just don't know what it is, still after these years :D But it seems that the sculpt appeals to others too.

    VastaaPoista
  6. They were a popular sculpt back then and I don't think it has diminished the least. For me as well, the Bygg/Beyla were the Monthly Dolls on sale when I first became interested in BJDs. But back then, first I thought I was going to get an SD, then when I got the Teenie-fever, I thought that Beyla was too pricey. Well, it was, since I would have gotten a true full-set since I didn't know what I could have left out of the order :D Also I didn't know about splits and wasn't too keen on the fantasy parts. But luckily I found Sweet from Soom's site and the rest is history.

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit