Looking forward to

ffxv_man_sneer


E3 is pretty much plastered everywhere atm. I usually haven't paid much attention, but thanks to social media and DA fan pages spamming my FB feed, I was looking forward to it this time. We'll get to DA3 in a moment, but there was actually something even more exciting for me: Final Fantasy XV.


It was called Final Fantasy XIII Versus way back then. Like all FF releases, I was anxious to get to play this one as well. Then FF XIII came out, and I was happy playing it. After finishing the game, I was waiting for Versus to come out. Then they released XIII-2, and I was happily distracted again. I actually have had Versus on 'preorder' at my local GameStop for ages now... And when it came 2013, I was starting to get a bit worried about it. Especially when they announced that they'd be releasing XIII Lightning Returns this year. And no whiff of Versus.

But there was a new trailer at E3! A nice trailer! Especially nice because of this man here:

ffxv_screenshot_man_red_umbrella


I have no idea who he is and what role he has in the game, but I wanna see! He seems so cool, and the first thing that came to me when I saw this scene in the trailer was Mad Hatter from Angel Sanctuary. And I loved the Hatter *3*

Otherwise, Final Fantasy XV-formerly-known-as-XIII-Versus looks like more of an action/platforming game than a traditional FF. But they've gone in that direction in the latest releases anyway... Noctis also seems like a cool protagonist, after the girls of FFXIII series. So I'm pretty much looking forward to this release!

And yes, a trailer for DA3 was also released. Looking good, at least in the demo department. It was said a while back that the game would be released this X-mas, but it has apparently been postponed to next fall. So I don't have to rush to get the PS4 (although what I've seen about it so far makes it a reasonably priced console so we might get it for X-mas anyway).


Trailer showed Varric, the war and at the very end: Morrigan. I was kicking myself for not recognising her voice... Oh, Morri... I've missed you. And Varry too! Oh this gives me ample time to replay the Origins and DA2 once more ^_^

Actually, now that I think about it, I have these shortened nicknames for pretty much all DA NPCs. A little less in the Origins, only Ali and Morri have really stuck. But DA2 gave me Izzy, Andy, Merry (Ha! Such a 'shorter' version from Merril...), Var, Avs and of course, Fen. I tend to call Sebastian just Sebastianthough for some reason. But then my favourites Islington and Fenchurch have several pet names >w<


I bet there'll be plenty of new amazing characters in DA3, to hate and to love. I'm sure the game will break my heart once more... But I'm also curious whether they'll give some info on what happened to the Hero and the Champion. And how is Ali doing as a king, with his ball-and-chain missing? And did Fenris finally move in with Hawke? Who is Isabela shagging these days? These and many more questions might not be answered, but I'm anxious to find it out ;)

Oh, and Assassins Creed 4 shows pirates. Yarr! Might have to look into that too, although the gameplay itself looked very confusing for my lack of gaming skillz.

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit