Green is my colour

Red Fox 1


But not Fyrd's! Anyway, I recently had an interesting discussion with Darling about sins and virtues. After a while I concluded that I considered my own sin to be Envy and my virtue to be Charity. This is quite a recent thing though, had you asked me a few years ago I would have given Gluttony as my sin and would have asked: "What virtues?"

Red Fox


Well, how virtuous I really am is still up for debate, but envious I truly am. The grass is always greener on the other side, others get the sweeter cookies etc. And it's not that I wouldn't be content with what I have. Or that I wouldn't feel genuine joy when others achieve, win or gain something. Still, I feel the tinge of envy when others win at raffles (and we have a weekly raffle at work that I never win...), when they buy something new (like a house, when I don't even want to move!), announce that they're travelling (and we already have our own trip planned and bought) or get a new job (if it paid more than my current, wouldn't say no to it though)... I just can't help it...

But it keeps egging me a bit, since now I'm all paranoid about 'stealing' stuff others have. I see something others have that I think is cool, and moment later, I have it myself. Am I being a copy-cat? Unoriginal? Well, I have heard all about how there is nothing original anymore, copying is the greatest form of flattery and a joy shared is a joy multiplied but still, there have been some fierce battles in the world of dolls about these things...  Dolls, art, writing, you name it.

Red Fox 2


This might very well also explain why I get so easily into hypes of all kinds. If others have it, I must have it too, whether I find the thing pleasing, desirable or even useful at all :D Thenagain, if I hadn't bought into some hypes, I wouldn't have my Eiko, I wouldn't have the cutest cupcake dresses or I hadn't even gone to Mauritius. And if  I have lost something, it's only money. And money can always be replaced.

Red Fox


But Fyrd, definitely not the Envious type. He's more inclined to Wrath (which relates nicely to his red colour). Or maybe he is a sin on his own... ;) And thenagain, even Fyrd might have been born out of my envy. I wanted a red-headed character, like Ford from the Hitch-hiker's Guide. And I wanted a cool character, like Darling had Frost. Sure, in the end I was just listening to Mole man and wanted to make a hatemonger-character to fit that as a theme music :D And it just evolved from there...

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit