One of many faces

rq

the other day Valentine looted the GM box of our old trusted GM of Good Old Times and found all my old character sheets. Our GM - named only W - hasn't had time to play in years (family, children and all that...) so he gave Valentine his RuneQuest books, the GM dice and the sheets/notes and all miscallanious stuff that had been sitting in his drawer for some time. We hadn't gone through it all, Valentine has only used the dreaded GM Dice of Doom (that roll only criticals against players) so far, but now he went through the papers. Ah, the memories! I had honestly forgotten most of it, but that was several years of good time stored there :D



Together with Valentine we pieced together the old campaigns, which characters belong to the same group and why did those campaigns end. I have this habit of drawing my player character to the back of my sheet, as well as noting what NPCs they encounter, so that gave us some clues. That and the habit my characters have of borrowing money from other PCs, so that they have their debts and the names of debitors also written on their sheets.

We found the first campaign we ever played together, and my lovely Syanid Kalath, the petite fierce woman with the mighty bastard sword. That campaign was so full of Fun :D

We found William de Lioncourt, the noble man who ended up as a woman named Shara Firewill once he sold his soul to a fire goddess Firshala. Along with William we finally settled a debate that we had had with Valentine for years. I remembered that my Ex played in that campaign as a very small duck (RQ and Glorantha, don't ask...), with a fire sword and a blur effect. Valentine insisted that it was W who played the duck. In the end, I was right.

And then I found my first red-headed character, the harp-playing bard with dual-wielded swords: Alitrás Dracoy. It appears that I had actually just begun playing as a woman named Regan, but she died in like the first game, so I just erased her stats and rolled Alitrás to cover. Interestingly, I had also draws the characters of Ex and Valentine to the back of the sheet. We were quite the trio: Ex played the large melee fighter, Valentine was a serious bowman (with manyshot, he was pretty overkill all around) and me as the dashing bard who didn't succeed in anything related to combat. He scored chicks though! These three had a more elaborate back-story, they were originally from a party of six, where one of us had betrayed us, killed another of our companions and we were on the hunt to find the traitor. The sixth member had been so devastated that she had gone off to become a healing pristess. I actually have a group picture drawn :D

And I realised just how easily influenced I am with these character concepts... You have already guessed that Bory is heavily influenced by Fenris. I made Taffee look like a female version of my doll Alexander. Both of these have a different personality though from their initial models. Anyway, back when Kill Bill 1 was hot I wanted to make a character resembling the Japanese shool girl Gogo (or whatever her name was) that wielded the long chain. W didn't allow me to quite get the same thing, so I had this girl that dressed in kimonos and wielded a morning star :D Yes, the one used by mounted knights. Her name was Setsuna. Funny thing was, I always thought that it was this japanese-inspired character that was named Regan...

I also found all my Audryes (yes, she's had quite a few character sheets), as well as a few elves/elvenkin that I had no memory of. Those were all newer, probably some one or two game 'campaigns' that we have tried to play with Valentine.

All in all, we had a blast reminiscing about those Old Times with Valentine. and I can wait to make more memories in the campaigns to come! I should start marking my sheets with dates though, some details just can't be remembered anymore.. :(

Kommentit

  1. That sounds really awesome! :D I got similar feeling when I go trough old drawings and notes... and byt them my firts "writeen roleplays", so much nostalgy in one place. ;w; Now when I think of it, RPG-scrapbook might be something very cool to build...

    VastaaPoista
  2. It's sometimes fun to go through old creations :) That's the only reason I keep my old drawings even after all the grunts, grimaces and frowns I do when I look at them. It shows that I can always improve :D I have thrown away some of the very horrible stuff though, unless they have some sentimental value, like the illustration on that first RPG campaign we had. And it was useful as well! Valentine was sure that the halfling thief Ex was playing tried (and fumbled) to steal from his pocket, when it was actually the first encounter my character had with the halfling. And I had the illustration to show it :D Really, I have a drawing where Syanid is talking to the hung-over Thurin (Valentine) while the halfling tries try pry his hand out of syanid's pocket. Priceless. Those were good times...

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit