Demon Slayer Ernsthart

Ok, so to avoid any (further) confusions, always assume that if I say Darling, I meant the commentaire Frost in his real-life persona. If I say Frost, I mean the RPG character he took that name from.

***

This dream started out as if it were a PS3 game from the developers of Demon Souls and Dark Souls. Grungy, terrifying, filled with malformations. And I knew it was just a game I was playing through. (Or that it was the Other-Me that was going to have to live in it.) There were four starting characters, but later in the game it was like the main party consisted of four characters that you had to collect and for real you couldn't have chosen some of them as a player. (I know, this dream was really confusing.) The character I was playing as was a human (female), and the party was another human (male), a ghost and a demon.

The game/dream jumped all over the place, with intertwining episodes. It was like I was playing one part of it, but then at some points I saw what the other half of my part was doing and then it jumped back to me, or to a whole new character that I was either controlling or not, or to a back-flash... Since it was so complex, I don't really remember most of it, so I'm just going to make up something that would be coherent enough.



After the character select, I started my adventure. Me and the human male studied ruins much like the castle in Demon Souls chapter 1-1, except a more compact building. Here we found the demon. It looked pretty much like this one beast in FF7, that had a humanoid upper body, no legs and the lower body looked most like a scorpion's stinger. It was gruesome, grey-purple and vicious. I don't know why we wanted it in our party or why did it join us, but it was the tank of our party.

Cutting the scene, the male human was in some other parts of the ruined castle. There he found the ghost. It was a lost soul that shone in extoplasm green. And it was trying on different cut sheets. It was also the mage of the party.

Now it became somewhat evident that we were supposed to kill other demons. We had a boss fight against a huge demon (thinking of Demon Souls bosses here) and I gained a neat demon-killing-arrow. We also found out that the demons looked like ordinary beasts when they were young and most vunerable.

Now our party got separated. And I had a flash where my former party's human male had been kidnapped by Frost and they were in an aeroplane. At this point I couldn't help but identify myself as a BSB Captain (who is much better with weapons than me anyway), and the human male started to really look like a certain baronet. I had also aquiered a demon-slaying knife, and it might have been what Frost was after. So I went after Daniel.

Of course it was what Frost had been planning all along. The plane was damaged and was falling quickly. I could see that Daniel was still aboard, trying desperately to distinguish the flames. But Frost was with me at the hangar, smirking at me. He told me that I needed to save this one other man, that only I could save. The man was a Finn, judging from his last name that I realised once waking up was just one letter apart from Darling's last name...

I don't know what happened to Daniel :( Some doglike babydemons attacked us in the hangar but I managed to kill them with my neat knife. Then I was transported to my IRL sister's place, except she was living in my childhood home. And I needed to kill her puppy since it was a demon. My sister protested, cried and cuddled the cute little thing. I couldn't do it. But then other demons attacked us. I had to fight them. I got some updates from Frost and with this new information I knew it was actually the cat I had to kill, since it was the ultimate vicious demon. And with the cat gone, the dogdemons would cooperate and were docile.

And just as the dream was ending, I had the distinct feeling that this had all just been an RPG GM'd by Darling. And I gained EXP.

Kommentit

  1. That.. was very confusing, and I have this huge urge to run this as a game at some point. :D

    And now my commentary user name is very confusing. :P

    VastaaPoista
  2. You don't say... I can try to do a more thorough walkthrough of this to you since it would be an awesome game :D

    And it was really weird to not be attracted to Frost (still talking about Cavanaugh here) at all. Unlike the tease I know, he was just a nemesis in this dream. And then I understood that since I was Emma, Frost really was just an enemy. He's so not Emma's type. ;)

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit