What will I get myself into...

Lucifer

I first encountered the term NaNoWriMo at Den of Demons. Figuring out it was some sort of writing community thing I didn't pay much attention to it, but  as October passed, I learned that it actually means bunch of people, writing 50.000-word-novels in one month, November.



Now me, I'm a person who doesn't much finish things. I've always had this problem. I get some idea, maybe even start it, but don't go through with it. But last year, I pulled myself together, and started achieving things. And I have 'finished' one novel, but it needs so much rework than I have kind of pushed it into the farthest corner of my mind. There are a few novels in progress, and I'm hoping I'll be able to write Nigel's story to the end, but not too hopeful.

So, in the last week of October, I do this crazy thing and sign up for NaNoWriMo. I have a vague idea what to write about. Starting from scratch, trying to finish it in just one month. It's crazy, right? Considering that I've already missed the first two days of November playing RPGs and am going to miss even more days... Well, we'll see. And here I am, writing in my blog, when I should be writing about what happens to LeBrant!

Yes, the novel is about LeBrant, the one who lives in the fantasy world of Cheshka. I thought it might be a good idea, since the only other finished work I've got, is also about Cheshka. LeBrant's story takes place some 20 years after the first book though. And there's Fyrd! I should be very anxious about writing about Fyrd! I need a good character, who just fluently tells me what he does and I just need to write and not spend all my time thinking what will happen next... This is also the reason I've managed to write about Nigel so easily. But since that thing is about 70% done, I have to put it on hold for now, it wouldn't qualify for this November-madness. If I get a true inspiration though (or lot of requests that I doubt), I might try to write up the True Ending for that story. Then I'd just need to fill the gaps and clean it up.

Kommentit

  1. I'm keeping my thumbs up for you. I have been wanting to take part of nanowrimo for year or two, but it just hasn't been possible. You can do it girl! And I SO want to read it when it's done! LeBrant. <3

    VastaaPoista
  2. I could actually publish some excerpts here in the blog as well if there's interest. In mu Nano-profile (Fyrd) I'm trying to publish a paragraph or two of each day of writing, but I could give you a better peek here ;)

    Writing about LeBrand hasn't been as much of a hassle as I had feared. But it's still a hard pace to write so I dunno when I'll be able to write dwon the DG true ending. I have something very sweet thought about it though... Can't wait to finish it!

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit