The DeathGrip OST

http://youtu.be/X8E0JnwUhqU

I've been dying to do this for months now, but didn't want to spoil anything accidentally. :3 Not that I didn't do enough of spoiling already XD I'm just like that... I can't keep my own secrets... Not if they're really cool (in my opinion). So here are the themes of DeathGrip: Natural Born Heroes, with commentary!



Alexander Hope: Bullet for My Valentine - Tears Don't Fall This song is about how Alex is tormented with the shadow of his past and the legacy that fell in him. His great-great...-great-grandfther Lucifer  paid him a visit one day, explaining to him that Alex's father had sold Alex to the Devil to save his own skin. Lucifer implied that Alex could make a similar deal if he wished. This song is about Alex, thinking if he should tell Eiko about this, about if he did the deal, he could spend more time with her, but it wouldn't be right?

Alistair Weston-Pryce: Linkin Park - Numb As soon as I heard this song, it was perfect for Ali. This is everything she thinks about her father. She became so numb that killing Sir Robert wasn't a hard call for her. Once she got that out of her system though, her theme will change to Avril Lavigne's What the Hell. The latter is how Alistair gives up everything about her past and just lets go. (I have to add though, this is the Alistair that has lost both her parents, then her brother and her crush as well.)

Archangels: Kazuhiko Toyama -  The World's Enemy This is actually nothing like the angels. I just wanted to see the look on my players' faces when I play this song while telling them that something is approaching, quickly. XD Of course, the angels are just as theatretical as this song is, but they're not evil or the bad guy here.

Audrye White: Madonna - Little Star Audrye's theme is an old one, it is the same one used when I first made an NPC version of her. The lyrics represent what Audrye feels about everyone else around her: I love you, you are special and I hope you understand that.

Bartemicion Waltz: My Chemical Romance - Welcome to the Black Parade Barty had an instrumental theme in the fantasy campaign he first made his appearance in. However when searching for possible theme songs for NBH, this one stuck to him. It is about Barty's father, who left him this heavy burden to be one of the Knights' leaders.

Eiko Kuroyama-Fenning: Katy Perry - Firework Just like Audrye, this is about Eiko thinking the best of everyone and seeing them as special.

Emma Ernsthart: The Cardigans - Erase/Rewind Well, firstly, this song is such a cool entrance song! You can just envision Emma, striding towards Danny in that plain hangar, while this song is playing in the background, her steps going to the rythm of the music. Secondly, it is about how Emma can't (well, couldn't) settle down or make up her mind about anything. She might say one thing today an another tomorrow. She blew off her ex-fiance, switches her loyalties to the highest bidder and can't in general be trusted. Until she met the Knight. Oh, and she did get that third word, on Friday.

Fyrd/Mysterium: HIM - The Beginning of the End Nowadays I lol @ Fyrd's first theme (Mole Man from Escaflowne) which was when Fyrd was nothing but a petty trouble maker and a newborn God of Chaos in the Guild of Handiworkers campaign. In the next campaign I did with Fyrd (Minions of Chaos) he got this cooler theme. The title, the lyrics... They just say it all ;) And the intro, it just sounds so omnious :D

James (Redford James): Lunatic Calm - Leave You Far Behind Well, I always thought of a car driving fast into the horizon when listening to these lyrics. James also needed something cool for his theme. And a feel of an enemy, ready to get you.

Jay & Al: Yoko Kanno - Run Rabbit Junk This theme is also from the time the assassins were set in a fantasy campaign and I had anime themes for everyone XD This theme is mostly about the feel of the music. Assassins are cool. Nuf said.

Kalla: The Crash - Sugared And I have never actually played this song in a game... XD Kalla is the third of the trio with Treasure and Audrye and he always gets to be left out... Yes, it's a he. In the original setting, where he didn't even make an appearance, he was a wind elf who looked very much like a woman (well, all wind elves are very feminine, like Jayd as well) and he didn't help the confusion with his wardrobe choices. Maybe the next time I do a campaign, I 'll manage to squeeze Kalla to it and maybe even get around to play his theme this time!

Lani: Depeche Mode - Precious This is a song about Lani's suffering in both how he was made (Nosferatu cultists) and how he was being raised (Raphael). It was supposed to remind that he is still a little boy, although a very dangerous one. The lyrics are actually what Gabriel thinks of Lani, and this is why Gabriel sent the London Knights to Paris.

LeBrant/Lucifer: Guns n' Roses - Sympathy for the Devil This song is just perfect for the laid back, smiling man who works for the Devil. In the original setting, the black-winged man was working in the Development Departement of the Post, which meant that he was a high ranking cultist of Fyrd, the Lord of Chaos. In NBH, he was the devil in the more direct way. But he is pleased to meet you! And hopes you know his name ;)

Leroy Smith: Emeli Sandi - Daddy I was wondering what the lyrics meant and did a quick search. The one theory that came up, was that the song is about a girl who has been in a relationship with a bad man and has been addicted to drugs. She's gotten clear, but now feels temtation to go back. And then I just had to do a Poison cultist who was this tempting bad man :) Leroy is a social worker who seems very empathetic towards his wards, but will give them a one for the road... The drugs to put it in your pocket and don't tell anyoneone I gave ya. And he whispers that it could be the one you run to, the one to save you. He's an evil, evil man... But was a very good cultists!

Matt Quill: Teddybears - Different Sound This is a song about how Matt is just so much on his own level when it comes to stealth. He moves to a different sound than everyone else which makes him capable of stealing the pants you're wearing while you're still wearing them.

Mycroft Malbourne: Fall Out Boy-Thnks fr th Mmrs Mycroft needed a song from the same artist as his little sister. Haven't really contemplated about the lyrics, but I get a very Mycrofty feeling about them :D He's going to end up so much in trouble for sticking with Frost...

Nigel Willoby: 30 Seconds to Mars - The Kill It was actually very hard to find a proper theme for Nikki! When he was a player character of mine, his theme was from the anime Hellsing, but it didn't seem to fit him here. In the end, it's about the lenghts Nigel will go for Audrye and how he feels that he is never enough. It's a true emo theme for him!

Severe Jones: Within Temption - Shot in the Dark Just a song that filled the requirements: female voice and lyrics about shooting someone. It's not the best theme for Severe, but the only one I coud find that fit the bill. I would have hoped for a heavier rock song...

Trauma: Kerli - Hurt me Pretty self-explanatory, don't you think?

Tresure Lyst: MIKA  - Love Today This is about Tessa being just so very self-centered and thinking that everyone should think that she's just so gorgeous and lovable. There might also be found some lines about how Tessa is determined to make Audrye her lover, never mind what the healer thinks about this.

Quentin Havvindsdottern: Jillmax - GET9 This song is not about the lyrics, but about the sound. It's just as laid back as is the pirate woman who owns this theme. It's the same one Q had when she was an actual pirate woman as a fantasy campaign NPC.

Yuffie Malbourne: Fall Out Boy - I Don't Care This was a though one to find... But in the end, this one had the Fuck-You-All-attitude that Yuffie had of everyoe else but her friend Eiko.

And finally, the Final song:

http://youtu.be/DeumyOzKqgI

Just read the lyrics. It is about the world ending and the Knights standing up to fight it, together.

Let me know if I missed someone...

Oh, and thank you again, my Dear Players, for going through with this campaign! I was just going to test out the gameplay, but you know me... I just have to bring about the end of the world every game I do... ;) Seriously, just think back on it!

Itki: It all culminated on the New Gods taking over, beaking the world as it had been known.

KTK: Fyrd was going to release the Old King, killing the new and destroying the church, unleashing a kyubi while at it.

Minions of Chaos: Fyrd was the opponent in every arc, trying to kill everyone.

Loki: Loki wants to end the reight of the One God, possibly ending the world. Only this time my payers were one the destroying side ;)

NBH: Mysterium wants to kill everyone by destroying the world.

... I have nothing against the world, I promise! :D

Kommentit

  1. ... Mewtant is about cutting down full human race, my fantasy story about demons wanting to rule the world and cause apocalypse... I can't really judge you. x'DDDD

    Thank you for while soundtrack, I gotta get this to my mp3-player. It's been awesome ride! x3 Thank you so much having me with!

    VastaaPoista
  2. Wow, I got some cringes from "A Mole Man" I didn't remember having. And I really felt uncomfortably aggressive when listening to "Run Rabbit Junk". :D Traumatized for life by previous games. :P

    VastaaPoista
  3. Yeah I think those two themes were way more traumatizing in the last campaign you heard them in. But high-five for remembering Mole Man :D

    I think in NBH, I tried to get the same feeling from themes of the angels (altough the effect was a bit dilluted because I've used that same melody for a previous antagonist. Oh, and Sephiroth.) and especially from James.

    I've forgot about James!! I compiled this list from my Soundtrack of Rei II which doesn't ahve James since he was already dead... Must go add it now!

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit