Grail Dolls

This ABJD hobby is expensive. I've never been one to deny that. Thenagain I've been (I think) lycky because I fell for the tiny size first. In comparison, 200-300 euros for a cutie like Hippu was no big deal :) I actually felt a bit queesy about Manna's prize tag. I was also at first a bit taken aback by her size, since she was double the size of my little ones. But, as is seen, I've gotten quite used to MSD size and it seems small now.

 

Nevertheless, I wouldn't really put out the money for an SD sized doll unless:

a) I won enough money in lottery or something so I'd have some 10k of spare cash (not all would go to dollies of course! I have some decorating plans as well...)

b) Valentine will be true to his threat that he'd get me one for an anniversary gift ( a promise made while drinking gin&tonic on an airplane though so don't know if thi'll be any more probable than winning on the lottery ;) I did approximate the prices to him though and he just shrugged it off...)

 

But if such an occasion came, there are two SD dolls I wouldn't say no to. They are my Grail Dolls for their mere price, unavailability and the fact that they wouldn't really fit in with my other dolls, hence being purely decorational. These two are Volks SD Suiseiseki (or Souseiseki) and Volks SD Lieselotte.

 

Volks Suiseiseki/Souseiseki:

 

I came across this mold pretty early on when I started. She was of course a long ago sold out limited Volks doll. There are a few of these on our local doll forum and their big anime eyes and that cute curly mouth caught my attention. I dismissed her later though for her size and inavailability. As a Grail doll though, she's at the top of the list :) And hey, I did like Rosen Maiden series... (Mostly Suigintou though, but Suiseiseki was a 'darling' as well. Actually if I get this doll, I want to keep original Suiseiseki's slightly devious character.)

 

I love it how Suiseiseki can look so different with every customised face-up. Depending on eyebrow shape, she can look from innocent to devious. That mouth looks delicious however no matter what seems to be done with it.

 

Here are some gorgeus Suiseisekis (permission to use photos requested and gotten):

 

maname : model style

 

Maname by Aki

 

Momiji

 

Momiji by Besia-natka

 

Volks Lieselotte:

 

By the time Lieselotte was released I had decided against SD size and was having some sort of anti-Volks thing. I had gone through their molds on the DoA databases but there was always something off about the mold. Also, I had it in my mind that Volks did terrible default face-ups and I couldn't see past them. Then, I came accross this gorgeus girl (first picture below) on a forum and was astounded that it was actually a Volks girl with a Volks face-up! As I searched for more information on the mold I dreaded she'd be an MSD since then I'd just have to get her asap. Luckily for me she turned up to be an SD and I let go of the thought of getting her.

 

Lieselotte looks like such a sweet girl with her default look, although customisers have managed to give her differing looks as well. I wouldn't mind having her with the default face-up though since it is just the look I'd want for her. The rest of her default get-up doesn't do it for me though... But, the best thing about this mold are those overkill cute teeth! Yeah, I have a serious thing about open-mouthed dolls, as I've mentioned before...

 

Here are some gorgeus Lieselottes (permission to use photos requested and gotten):

 

...

 

Brianna by aEthEr hEad

 

2011.01.23?V?Lieselotte?

 

Lieselotte by Lord of Nightmare

 



 

Ballet by CSaw

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit