I heart Volks


Just not all Volks. I really need to keep my head straight and not rush into the Volks mania that is very, very contagious :D Or else I would end up with a mighty hoard of them :D there are many that are very cute, but that I don't necessarily need for myself. Williams is one of those, although I always sigh when I see pics of that doll... And apparently, also Kun was one of those.


So Phoenix didn't work out as a Kun. Well, I did always compare that sculpt to the Charlotte that I really love and I think that's why I could part with my Kun. Luckily it found a new owner very quickly!

Oh why does it always have to be the expensive end Volksies that I love... XD I have to do some serious calculating if I want to make Charlotte come true. I really won't shell out another 1500€ for a Volks, just can't justify it. Not when I think that I could get a couple of nice boys for that price. And those would be boys that I also really love. In the end, Fenny's not really a character that I need. Not saying that I need any of the other characters either, but I feel a stronger connection to Ryle, Bory or even Mycroft than the Malbourne cousin.

Now it's just a race which doll comes available first as a package I can't resist. If LM releases their Crow in tan (preferably with those cutesy elf ears!), it's going to be Ryle, my God of Knowledge Riley'eh, who Nigel ultimately answers to. If Soom comes out with a FCE with their Knight in tan and the human armour, it's going to be Bory Aygr, the Bloody Pirates Bory alternative version. I've already thought about how LM Dyuke (in NS) would make a good Mycroft Malbourne, but I don't really feel that strongly about him. It's a nice doll, but it'll end up just like Fenny, so I'm not going to rush that. And then there's always the little Soomlings XD So many options, suddenly all open...

Kommentit

  1. I'm glad that Kun got new home fast, good luck with trying to decide with boys! :3

    And seriously, Eiko looks so much like some japanese/korean popstar now, but I can't put my finger on which one (not that I would know many). Closest I got after going trough pics of Korean pop band Girls Generation, girl called Tiffany had a little similar vibe in her but I'm pretty sure it's not her who I had in mind. Anyway, Eiko is super cute with brown eyes. I can't get over it.

    VastaaPoista
  2. I'm a bit bummed I have to make a decision regarding the boys. I would just well like to buy them all :)

    VastaaPoista
  3. Well, you can rest assured that Kun will go to a loving new home. ;3 I'm on pins and needles from the excitement to get my first Volks! x'D

    I hear you with the call of the expensive Volksies, I've just gotten in my mind that I'd love to have a SD Kazuya Kujo! x3 I have no idea how much is wise to pay for him though, I've only just found one for sale in Mandarake and he goes for 100 000 yen. I don't know if that's reasonable or not... Still more affordable than the most sought-after Volks dolls but a bit pricey nevertheless.

    Why can't Little Monica offer tan resin with a bonus fee all the time. *whine whine* I've been browsing their dolls again and found an old favorite that I remember pining after if only he was in tan. I'd love to own a tan Ginger. *___* There's something in the Ginger sculpt that reminds me of the sculpts from Switch and I find it very appealing.
    ..wouldn't say no to a tan Kliff or Enrill either, though. xD

    It'll be fun to see what doll you go for eventually, good luck with that from me as well and happy choosing! :)

    VastaaPoista
  4. Around 1000 for a limited Volks is reasonable imo. Still you should keep an eye out to get a good feel of the going price. And Kazuya is cute! I've seen amazing customs of that sculpt.

    And I love how different people love different sculpts, even from the same company. Ginger is the one sculpt from LM I'd rather not have. But he could look amazing in tan. And I sure wouldn't say no to a permanent tan option for LM dolls XD

    VastaaPoista
  5. Thanks for the info. :)

    Yeah, I know, when I first browsed through LM dolls I skipped over Ginger instantly. But behind that styling in the promopics (which I admit, he doesn't look all that good in them) I still see potential in the sculpt, definitely in tan. Maybe the fact that he's not so picture-perfect speaks to me somehow. ;-)

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit