Tie the knot

Tie the knot


Of course I had to use the one doll couple I had home for this title of the challenge ^_^ Eiko quite probably already has an idea for the cake and dress for that occasion when she manages to drag alex down the isle. Alexander... might not be so into the whole matrimony thing. Not that he wants to keep himself available for other women, no, he loves Eiko, but he just doesn't trust in the institution. He still feels like he's cursed, and doesn't want to drag others into it. And maybe part of his hesitation comes from Yuffie being the obvious maid of honour...



Being married... I actually didn't think I'd ever get married myself. This was back when I was still a teen, so only a few years ago, right? ;) But anyway, in the end, here I am, in my second marriage. Going well so far! *fingers crossed and knocking on wood*

Valentine and I have much in common, but enough differences to keep things interesting. We bicker, sometimes a lot, sometimes a little less, make fun on each other's expense and down right fight at times, but we still love each other and make each other laugh. He puts up with my everchanging (an in his opinion, too short) hair styles and frilly wardrobe, I let him keep his Movember and angst over the local sports team.

We are in many ways, equals. Equally smart, equal station, equally in bad shape physically :D We make a good team, be it Alias or Rayman. He does sports better, I do arts. I make edible but simple food, he makes grand cuisine for which you never know what you'll end up with. He handles hardware problems, I handle the software. Or sometimes the other way around. Although we both seem very competitive, we actually play well together. Because more than we hate to yield, we hate losing :D

We have differences of opinion, even on subjects that matter a lot to each of us. But we don't just agree to disagree. That would be a foundation for a disaster right there. No, we understand each other. We've talked these topics through so much that we get where the other one is coming from. We accept the other's different view on obligations, religion, fears and virtues.

Our tempers are of course very, very different. But after all these years, we know how to fight and how to settle them. I know the line that I should not cross and he knows the line when an apology is needed. Both of these are result of many a practise. Adn we're still not perfect. But I believe we still have years to practice some more.

To my Valentine, with my dearest love.

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit