Aesthetics of late 2014

141227 Soom Skoll

It finally shined light today, so I took the opportunity to catch up with my latest face-ups which I hadn't photographed yet. Up above, my own latest Teenie that even Valentine complimented :3 Keeping in simple basic colours due to the harlequin style is my second CW doll, Rigel.


141227 Soom Taco

Then there was Cotton, a Soom Taco I painted back in November when I got her home. She needed more dramatic tones as my drama queen.

141227 Soom Bygg

And finally I just recently did a comission for Deary, who had finally gotten her long-wanted Romantic Bygg :) I basically got free hands with this one, byt she wanted a sad expression for the little guy. With a name like Turpentine I just visualised oily colours, despite that the loiquid is actually pretty transparent... But I went with turquoise anyway, complimented with cold pinks.

141227 Soom Bygg hooves

I also blushed the hooves with the green-blue colour-tones. Pink would have been a bit out-of-place, but these colours look nice on the grey, imo.

Kommentit

  1. I'm a fan of your face up work and your latest tinies paint jobs are stunning! I love the Bygg fantasy parts blushing, it suits the grey skin so well! And your harlequin is so spot on! It has enough to characterize the part, but it's not so detailed that it distracts you from the sculpt, I think it's perfect.

    VastaaPoista
  2. Thanks! I have always felt very confident painting Teenies so it was a pleasure doing these. It's funny how others find SD heads easier to paint, but I think they are a bit harder because there is just more space to fill. Sure I have gotten the hang of them too now, but I used to easily make them too bland and not use enough blushing because the blushed spots looked so much bigger than what I was used to. But thenagain, I started out with painting Teenies and similar sized Unoas, so it might be that I had set to routines with them...

    VastaaPoista
  3. I can't thank you enough! Little Turpentine is such a charmer, he melts my heart with his cuteness! The make-up is just perfect!

    VastaaPoista
  4. I'm glad you like it :) And that you had the confidence to leave it in my care to do what I thought would look good.

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit