Skull Princess

Cottons new headband 02

So with my last Taobao order I got a simple cheap plastic headband in Yo-SD size as a gift. I was almost about to throw it away, when I realised that it was actually a headband base and that I could decorate it as I wanted to make it look nice. Although Cotton lookes nice in the pearl headband, she was my victim for a headband make-over :3

Cottons new headband 01

After trying out different things on the band with the aid of pins, I decided to cover the base with a lace ribbon and add some bow and flower decorations to it. I had also just recently salvaged this skull button from Valentine's worn-out shirt and thought it'd be a perfect eye-catcher for Cotton's style.

The lace ribbon was elastic and was easy to wrap around the band base. I had already put the flower in place by wrapping its wire around the band and then the lace covered the wire nicely. I then glued the lace in place with hot glue. And after that I sewed the bows and the button in place. Ta-daa!

Cottons new headband 03

The colours I think work nicely with the rest of her outfit :) Thank Fyrd I've stocked everything pink in my sewing kit XD

Kommentit

  1. You did a great job with the headband. I got 2 of those plastic ones in my Sunnybobo order that I was planning on doing the same, and I also have a SD size one I got from cool cat I think that could work great for it too.
    The skull give sit a really nice touch for Nuu, next to all that pink cute things.
    And I agree, it works great with her outfit!

    VastaaPoista
  2. Thanks! Now I really want an SD sized too, so that I can make one for Eiko as well... Although I have a couple of ideas for a few tiny sized too. Ha, when I get into crafting, I go full steam for a while until running out of it. :P

    VastaaPoista
  3. Such a pretty hairband! <3

    VastaaPoista
  4. you could try making SD headbands yourself. I don't know about plastic ones, but I've used wire before to do some pearl headbands, since you pass the beads or pearls through the wire, you can't see it in the end. And then you could glue some pretty ornaments on top of the pearls.

    VastaaPoista
  5. Nice job with the hairband!! DIY projects are so fun to do, and I *love* the skull detail between the ribbon bows and the flowers :3 She looks adorable!

    VastaaPoista
  6. Thank you! Knowing what kind of accessories you can make it is glad to hear from you.

    VastaaPoista
  7. Yeah pearls could work out for Eiko, but I want to do a similar to this ribbony headband for her as well :)

    VastaaPoista
  8. I'm really fond of diy projects myself, as long as they turn out ok XD I especially love to see well-done pieces from other hobbyists, some people in this hobby are so talented and creative!

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit