Happy Birthday, Little Darling!

With All of His Tophats

It is Hippu's 5th birthday! I've now officially had dolls for five years... And this cutie pie is still as adorable as the day I opened his little box. To commemorate, I've chosen a photo of Hippu from each year I've had him, to show some of how he's changed. What hasn't changed, is his need for tophats, it seems...

Light through window

One of the very first photos I got of him. It's funny how he started out with the pink wig and the pink eyes, since those were only ever meant to be his alternate look, sort of a lvl-up-Hippu. I had fallen in love with the Angel's Message Sweet as he was, with the light fluffy hair and the light blue eyes. The doll was supposed to come with that exact combo, so the pink things were really meant to be spares. But once the doll arrived, I noticed that Soom had sent me a random wig and eyes in stead. So while waiting for them to send me the right stuff, Hippu used the spares that would stick for months and months.

Oldrose

By 2010 I got the fluffy wig, and occasionally used it. I mean, I actually preferred the light fluffy hair, just not Soom's quality in fur wigs... Also, you might notice how Hippu started out wearing mainly black clothes. This was an outfit set I found from our forum while waiting for Hippu to arrive. It wasn't too expensive and I knew I wanted something frilly for him. I still have this outfit and I really love those bloomers! The shirts hasn't gottent that much use anymore, since it is kinda baggy. But If I find a proper red vest for Rigel, that doll might finally adopt it.

As Cute As Ever

It wasn't until I got my Unoa, that I tried on that Lusis wig on Hippu and it really clicked. Then it was the fur wig all the way, apart from some special photo shoots. I had also purchased these mint glass eyes from CiG, which looked so wonderful on him, and didn't gather as much dust as the Soom silicones. I was quickly falling out of love for silicone eyes, especially after getting Nuu some urethanes. But since Hippu doesn't have pupils, I have never found justification for urethanes for him... Oh yeah, and you can see that frills do multiply XD

Hippu Portrait 120119

Ok, time to mute down the frills a bit, but I started to use white on him. That and turquoise and mint, to match his new eyes.

Black winged angel 1

Then 2013 I finally got him the wings I had been needing ever since 2009. I actually did buy a pair of feather wings from Soom quite early on, but hated the quality and look of them. On the other hand, I loved the look of these resin wings from Camellia Dynasty and when they were rereleased (or restocked) I grabbed the chance.

Fallen but cute 05

Now 2014 has brought more variety to his wardrobe and I've settled on ivory base colour, instead of the stark white. He now uses pink, mint and light blue accents on his outfits, mostly from Dollheart, the spoiled little thing! :P

And I'm looking for the next five years to come! Also, trying not to forget Nuu's 5th B-Day that is coming around the corner...

Kommentit

  1. I LOVED this post!!! It's so great to see the changes over the years, my favortite kind of post.
    5 years for a doll is BIG in my opinion >u<!!!!! I hope that when I get there I can see a huge change X)!

    When is Nuu's bday? I hope you do a similar post for her, this was lots of fun to read!

    VastaaPoista
  2. XD I had actually forgotten about uploading the birthday picture I had taken last month in advance... But edited that ow into the post. Glad you enjoyed the rest of the posts though! 5 years has actually gone by pretty fast, but still it feels like Hippu's been here for ages :D

    I hope I remember to do a similr post about Nuu. Her 5th birthday will be Feb 24th 2015. After that it's going to be a bit of a gap, since the next oldest doll is Eiko, who arrived September 2011. All the dolls I got in between I have since sold... Although, I have had Hani longer than I've had Eiko, but it was a different character back then :D

    VastaaPoista
  3. Happy late birthday, Hippu! And congrats to you for being in the hobby for five + years! :)
    Hippu seems to have an addiction to top hats just as we have an addiction to dolls! :'D Aww, the first picture is so cute, like Hippu is trying to decide which hat to wear next...

    It's interesting to see the development in the way you take pictures. Looking forward to Nuu's bday! :33

    VastaaPoista
  4. Hippu is a bit behind in his collection of top hats, compared to my doll collection though XD Especially when Rigel's going to steal one of his hats, the very first one at that... But thenagain, Hippu as a character is not too selfish and would love to share his collection.

    You can see clear development in Nuu's photos as well, once I compile those. But then with the other dolls, they are newer than my DSLR, so (imo) the contrast between older and newer photos isn't that stark. Sure, my style has refned a bit, although I still don't seem to have one exact style XD

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit