Last Leaves of Autumn

Fall 2014 with Nuu 03

Last weekend I finally got on my feet and took a doll out to take the traditional fall pictures with the pretty coloured leaves and all. Previous years I've taken out Eiko and then Alex and now it was time for Nuu. Out of my current Teenie Gems, she's the one who looks best in nature shots. Just imagine my frillies playing around in the leaves XD They'd look so out of place... If I ever get the tan Bygg though, then she'd be awesome for these kind of photos. But until then, Nuu is the princess of the forests!

Fall 2014 with Nuu 01

This was perhaps my last chance at taking fall pictures this year, since by Sunday it was already raining heavily, taking more leaves down with it. And during the week I'm at work during those few hours with decent light.

I should have gone out to take these photos way earlier, but yet again, I was being lazy and left it at the 'last minute' :P

Fall 2014 with Nuu 02

I took these photos in couple of different locations. One of them was a little back road that goes by our building. It isn't used much but I was trying to avoid even the few people on casual Saturday walks. Failed though...

I was out there, trying to get Nuu to pose properly, sitting on the pavement since let's face it, I have to be pretty much on ground level to take photos of something this small. I had my camera on the tripod, but that was also set as low as possible so as not to take the photos from too high an angle (a common mistake I see in photos taken of dolls outdoors). There was this old lady, who was walking along the road towards me and once she reached my spot, she stepped up to me and asked if "anything had happened to me". I gave her a O_O look and a "no", trying to hold laughter. Then she noticed the camera and maybe chuckled herself, saying that it had just l0oked pretty bad from afar, but that I should just go on with my photographing.

Fall 2014 with Nuu 04

Poor Nuu, she's apparently easily camouflaged... Well, the rest of the photos I took at a location a bit more off-road, where I wasn't interrupted by anything other than a rustling squirrel and a couple of ants.

Fall 2014 with Nuu 05

I actually found this nice very low and small acorn tree, that was on Nuu's level and provided me with a nice backdrop.

Fall 2014 with Nuu 06

But of course not everything is in fall colours yet. Most of the forest around our place will be green until the snow covers it.

And then to figure out which doll would look the best in the snow... Well, if I even have the energy to out in the cold at that point XD I wasn't at my most nimble this photosession either, with the belly hindering my flexibility.

Kommentit

  1. The pictures are so pretty, Nuu looks amazing with the fall colors, and I bet she will look amazing in the snow too if you get to shoot her then too :D!! or Eiko, or Nigel, or all XD! But I get why that would be a little difficult. The city where I live doesn't have snow ever, the flowers of spring start blooming at the end of winter so it's raining and cold and I can't use them as background either. And fall well.... not many redish colors :( Here it usually looks like it's either winter or summer, but winter it's just rain, not snow

    VastaaPoista
  2. Aw, that sucks. Nevermind how I hate Finnish seasons (fall is rainy and windy, summer is too dry and hot or it just rains, winter is all snow, dark and cold leaving spring as the only ok time of year), it does give changing backdrops for photos.

    Atm I think Eiko is most suited for Winter shoots, since her coats that just arrived from Taobao are sweet!

    VastaaPoista
  3. I hope you show the coats soon then X)

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit