Icy Eye Candy

Eye Candy 01

Partly because I didn't have much to do (Valentine's off with his friends for the whole day) and partly because I took a ton (well, at least dozens) of photos today, I decided to solve this no-PC problem of mine by trying out Photoshop Elements on our laptop. I'll see how I get along with it and if it would be a viable option since out old PC is really outdated and could be sent to retirement. The licence for PSE13 isn't that expensive compared to Either full CS6 or the Adobe Cloud monthly fees, so if I can do everything I need to do with it, I might just downgrade to it...

But, the main thing is that I can now give you blog updates a bit more frequently XD And Eiko shall wait, since we'll begin with some more pics of Nigel and his icy stare.

Eye Candy 03

Of course, these images are more heavily 'shopped, and that first image actually has used a diffused flash as well to really make the eyes pop. But I'm just happy to take some nice pictures of my dearest hacker. :3 And without having to photoshop the whole eye colour...

Eye Candy 02

Btw, the first kink I have to learn to surpass in PSE is the seeming inability to use the same filters on multiple photos. I used to be able to just drag adjustment layers from one image to another, so that they would be more unform. Oh, and I don't seem to able to resize images by pixels anymore. Hence the original images are now different sizes and I "can't" use my watermark anymore. Because I like the watermark to be exactly the same size throughout every photo and it doesn't work if the images themselves aren't the same size... :P But this is just a minor inconvenience. I don't know if I really need the watermark. It's not like I've had any occurences of my photos being stolen or used without credit.

Kommentit

  1. No wodner I was missing something in your pictures, it was the watermark hehe, I'm so used to it. I personally don't use one because I haven't feel the need of it, but I like when people use really subtle and nice watermarks, it's like their signature and it lets me recognize their work everywhere,
    Lovely picutres, all of them, the eyes are really amazing!

    VastaaPoista
  2. Thanks! Yeah the watermark thing is havng me wavering. On one hand I like having it, just like you said, as a signature. On the other, without it the photos just have to 'speak for themselves' if you know what I mean.

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit