Fluffy Winter

pink coat

My (and Velvet's) last Taobao order hasn't arrived yet due to a delay at China's customs/border security, but I had to make another order already. I need some winter wear that'll fit over my swollen belly and precisely because of that shipping delay, I need to order now so that my items will actually arrive here before I freeze when the temperatures drop here. And then I need something as cute as that pink jacket up there :D



So yeah, I'm not imagining that the pink bunny coat will fit me right away, but it'll go so nicely with my usual clothes (once I fit into my skirts again...) and it was so darn cheap I had to get it. Even if it is a total miss, 10euros for it isn't much of a loss?

brown coat

 

Now this Infanta cape is actually for me to wear until the baby's born. I don't imagine it'll be too warm, but with a sweater underneath I'll survive. And honestly I just couldn't find a nice coat with an empire waist/free waist from regular collections or especially from maternity collections that would suit me. I'm not going to shell out too much money on a clothing item I'm only going to need for a couple of months and then discard to the depths of the cabinet. This brown cape might get a bit more use, and it wasn't too expensive.

But really! Maternity clothes in Finland! They. Are. So. Boring! It's all blacks and greys, especially in this season... :( I just got a huge hoard of cute baby clothes from the kind Vanilla, I'm so looking forward to try them out on our boy. But why should the mommy be all dressed in dull clothes? I'm not really even expecting frills or mommy-lolita clothes (now that would be a sight to see!), but even something in soft rose colour, or even bright red, or coffee brown? Bleh, I just hope my old shirts will bear with me until my maternity leave when I can dress dull and not be seen out of the house until I fit back in my frills :D

But, back to Taobao. I also got some black patent shoes for Teenies, since the black boots I got for Rigel are less than optimal. And also white pantyhose for Eiko, since I forgot all about them the last time :D

I just hope this order can settle my want to shop for the while. We still need to buy plenty of stuff for the renovation, plus I (might) need new winter shoes and (do need) a nice diaper bag. But somehow those actual needs are being pushed back by wanting to get myself a Teenie for a yule present... :P And the fact that I think I was already marketing the Chess Skoll as a present for myself (they should be shipping around December if all goes well) doesn't really help. and on the other hand this other Teenie could be a birthday present for myself?

But I just know I'll regret it if I get two Teenies too close together... Sure, if I get that second Teenie now, she'll arrive way before Skoll, but it'd still be closer than any other two of my dolls. I think. Don't want to check right now. Talk me out of this, please!

Anyway, sorry for a long time of no new doll pictures. I actually do have some taken of Eiko with her new hands and jeans, but they sit in my camera. We have finally cleared our office for renovating, which means no PC for me until we get the walls done and the new office desk assembled. Aaand that'll be at least until late next week.

Kommentit

  1. That pink coat is really cute! I think it's nice to have something to look forward to wear after you have the baby. It sounds fun anyways!
    I think most countries sell lame maternity clothes and a lot of people don't want to waste so much in those because they will never use them again.
    When is your due date? (that's how it's called?) It sounds to me you are close (?)

    Also, if you don't want to buy 2 teenie gems so close together then don't. I'm pretty sure SOOM will keep surprising us (and dooming our wallets) with new releases :) I'm waiting the perfect time to buy one too ^^

    VastaaPoista
  2. I'm now comfortably over the half-way point as I'm due at mid-January. In Finland the mother starts her maternity leave about 1,5months before the due date so for me that's early December.

    And oh yeah, I need to keep in mind that Soom will most probably do another X-mas event this year. So I have to keep my wallet ready for that too!

    VastaaPoista
  3. Oh, those maternity clothes, I feel your pain! =_=; I mean, they are in use dry little time, but I would have loved to have some nice ones! In the end I mostly wore Hubby's baggy t-shirts and sweatpants, and couple of dull maternity shirts if I had to go out of the house. <.<; I think got the plum-colored one somewhere, it was liveable and something I can still wear in certain occasions. [mommy mumble]BTW, you probably heard it already, feet might get really swollen in end of pregnancy (mine grew shoe size, permanently) so if you buy the shoes now, make sure the shoes are a bit on wider side. ^^ [/mommy mumble]

    But the jackets look really great! :3 I'm sure they'll look really cute on you. ^^ And I so no the 'two dolls too close to each other', since I now got Van head coming with that little scorpion. If DollShe keep it's plans for schedule (which I doubt) They might actually both arrive in next month… <.<; But ouchie. Maybe a bit bad time for a dollie body. But on other hand, it might be that after couple of months you can't invest that much energy on dolls for little while, so it might be nice to do that now! :3 Just trust your gut, I'm sure you make a right choice whatever you do! ^^

    Can't wait to see more of Eiko. <3

    VastaaPoista
  4. Yeah it might be that now is the time I have to focus on dolls. But I also think that if I get a few new dolls now, I only get to play and bond with them for a few months until I have to focus on something else entirely. So it might also be a bit too overwhelming. Especially since I'll try to get back into customising too and that'll take up my 'own time' that I can get from Valentine.

    VastaaPoista
  5. I just have to say that I totally adore that Infanta cape! I've been trying to find a thicker coat too, but cute ones are so hard to find >8

    VastaaPoista
  6. Yeah they are :( Usually I would have ordered a new one from F+F, but they don't have anything that'll fit me off the rack. And I don't want to hassle with custom orders X(

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit