Rethinking Eiko

Rethinking Eiko 01

I think I mentioned this to Velvet not so long ago, but I was struggling a bit with my Lorina, Eiko. I love that sculpt to bits, but I never seem to do anything with her. I was thinking that it might be partially because I hate the SDGrG body. I just can't get the right tension for that thing for the life of me! It is always floppy, especially in the torso and the neck. It sucks, since I know it has great engineering. The three-part-torso has good notches to it to allow several poses from a slouch to a beautiful back-arc. The neck has an extra-piece  to allow wide range of movement. It just always seems to flop to the back, staring at the ceiling for me >_<



So I was thinking, if the problem I have with the doll is because of the body, lets just try something else with it. So I switched Eiko's body with Fyrd's. So now Eiko has this well-posing, tight-strung body that I'm happy to play with. The resin match with Volks and Little Monica seem very good, actually. Eiko looks a bit bobble-headed without clothes (but she has a large head!), but it's ok with the clothes on. Sad thing is that LM bodies has lowsy neck movement, so that she can only look a bit down, but after the ceiling-staring it is a fresh new thing XD And the funniest part is that now Fyrd has boobs since he's stuck with the SDGr body for now.

So a good body, check. Still not really feeling her. :( So I start to think what it is about all the Lorina's that I really love? Aside from Turbow's Elyse (who is a badass beauty) they all seem to be on the sweeter side, with long hair. And I love Elyze as well, especially when she's styled like this. Also loving this brown-haired beauty (who actually seems to have the same eyes I used to have for my Eiko), this preppy-style and espacially this wig-style on the left.

Rethinking Eiko 02

Better?


Now, when I first started to think about getting a big Volks girl, I was thinking of getting a Souseiseki named Eiko, being all mischievous and Haruhiesque. I dreamed of getting a Lieselotte to be her big sister and she'd be all sweet and blond etc. Well, both of those old limiteds were hard to get and that's when Lorina was released. I fell in love with it. I thought this would make even more perfect 'big sis' for Eiko. But spending that much money on two dolls seemed ridiculous! So I made a compromise and got the Lorina (winning that lottery was sooo lucky!), which I styled like I would have styled Sou-Eiko. She got bright-coloured clothes, dark hair and turquoise eyes. She was to be headstrong, independent girl.

... Yeah, after a while I just couldn't resist that Sou after all, and since she was supposed to be more mischievous than Lorina, she ended up being named after the ultimate mischief from Final Fantasy: Yuffie. But that's getting sidetracked a bit.

Finally Outside!Oh, the old Eiko and the nostalgia!


I still stuck with my original image of Eiko, with the Haruhi hoodie, short hair and trying to picture her being head-strong, well like Haruhi. It clearly just isn't working.  Nevermind how much I love that old look of her, it has become outdated. When I now look at her, I want to see a soft alpacca wig framing her lovely face (in chocolate brown). I want her to have fluffy pastel coloured sweaters and a bear-eared hoodie. I have seen so many nice sets on Taobao, which I have passed since 'they won't work with any of my bg dolls'. Yes they will! I just needed to realise what I really wanted. I want pastels for this girl! Yuffie can keep the bright-coloured hooies until maybe RD claims them :P

One set of an outfit collection I put together:

Eikos new look

- pink tutu set from GreenTime Taobao
- mint cardigan from CLS Taobao
- bear hoodie from Doll House Taobao
- pink pants from TTYA

The TTYA pants I'm getting from Etsy for the cheap shipping, but if anyone in Finland wants in on a TaoBao order, please let me know! I think I'll be doing this order within a few weeks if not sooner.

About the body issue now. I'll try if I can string the SDGr body tighter using a different elastic. It'd be a bit too much of a hassle to sell the body off and get a LM body for her, since the local doll second hand market really isn't looking for 500€+ doll bodies... ;P And I'm still a bit terrified selling doll parts internationally, especially outside EU, where the shipping costs go up exponentially and trackings might not work.

Kommentit

  1. Your Lorina is very pretty! I like her old style, but I agree that sometimes things just stop working. It happened to me with my Onyx. I think she needs to become darker in order to loor like I want to. The soft style I was trying to put her on never clicked (and that's why she ended up stealing black things from my boys, stupid gigantic super gem body xD).

    You have really great taste in clothes. I'd love to buy in taobao but I can't figure it out how. I need a black and a pink tutu skirts for supergem, do they sell sd16? I might try that. And also my Supia Rosy (which finally has a name... almost XD) needs more stuff X)!!

    I think I haven't seen a Lorina in an alpaca wig, I bet it looks AWESOME <3

    VastaaPoista
  2. For Taobao you need to find a good agent/dealer. I have used TaoBaoNow in the past (not the perfect record, you can read a review in this blog), which has a new website Spreenow. Nevermind their customer service with problems, their interface is surely easy to use. You just basically copy the wanted item's url to their cart and it does everything else pretty much on its own. Then I just browse through Taobao with the Google translator working its magic :) If you have an account at Den of Demons, they have a biiiig list of Taobao shops in their general discussion. I recommend going through those and making bookmarks of shops that interest you.

    And dolls just seem to evolve on their own, yeah? I don't think any of my dolls have kept the exact style I had in mind when I first bought them. (Well, Milki is very close, but she is still pretty new to me.) Some have changed just wigs, others have changed whole colour-schemes. I think what matters in the end is that the owner can appreciate the doll :3

    VastaaPoista
  3. Thank you very much for the info! I'll check the review now.

    Yes, I also think they evolve on their own +_+ which can be awesome, but expensive XD

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit