Plans for Indulgence

Rigel

So Soom is doing chess pieces now. The first one was Shale the Knight. And there's a teaser of a rerelease of Skoll that is supposed to be released 'soon'. Skoll was one of those Teenies that just got away. The originals were released prior to me finding dolls. Then there was the white skin SO, but maybe due to face-up/styling I didn't like them. I thought it might be just the resin colour though. Then they were available in FCE, but I don't want fantasy parts so it was not for me. Now they might release a ws/gs Skoll with an outfit and styling to die for! And of course I'm head over heels and all hyped up...


Now first I thought I might be safe since I didn't like the previous ws release and I already have a grey doll. Now a bronze... But then one evening, trying to gt some sleep, I got thinking what I could do with a Skoll. The bronze version would be connected to Hani and Milki, since I really want that Taffee Caramel (working title). But what if I didn't connect Skoll with the twins? After all, the third of that set would preferably be a Bygg.

I then started thinking that maybe I could make another friend for Hippu. Another tophatted frufru, but a bit more grumpy/serious. I started thinking about face-ups and suddenly I was stuck with the image you see above. A harlequin type style, in deep reds.

Then, names. I tried to find some other cute sounding Finnish word that meant something small like Hippu. Came up with none. Then I begun thinking about the friends that Hippu's aliases have. Orion Blake came to mind. But Orion would have to also tan. Then my assosiations took me to the stars of the constellation. Betelgeuse being my favourite, of course, but that is a bit too long and complicated for a doll of mine (nevermind bringing up the film Beetlejuice to mind every time I say it alound). The next big star of Orion is Rigel. And that kinda stuck. After quickly thinking about and then discarding other nice options such as Loki and Raistlin (which I could name one of my dolls since I won't be naming any children after them... damn Valentine and his sensible names policy...) I now had the name Rigel coupled with the style.

Actually today I also thought that since the Skoll is going to be the Pawn piece of Soom's chess set, I could always just name the doll Pawn. Hippu's alter Lucifer is in the same universe as the Pawn anyway (Binary Knight/Deathgrip). But Pawn would be styled in all black... At least if I kept close to the orioginal version. Thenagain, there's a great difference between Hippu and Lucifer as well so XD We'll see...

At first I was thinking of getting the doll in grey, since the promo pic looks very cute and remember that I hated the older ws version. But when I was scetching this mock-up, I couldn't colour his face grey. That face-up would pop so nicely against white! I could still make it work with grey, but I dunno... And if Velvet's getting this doll in the grey option it would be so cool to have both colours :3 Especially if she'd keep the same general style, our dolls could really twin it up! Two harlequins would be just perfect, but I think she'll have her own ideas for her doll XD

We actually have duplicates of other Teenies as well, and none of them look anything alike. My Nuu with the big brown eyes looks like a scaredy-cat next to Velvet's pink Nia and the cool Ayato. Milki and her Floyd have about the same attitude, but he is a stylish unicorn boy and Milki is just a punkish frilly girl. And Hani is another styry all on her own... It'd be fun to see how similar/different our possible Skolls would end up being :D

Kommentit

  1. Hehe, I'm so happy that you're starting to warm up for a non-bronze Skoll! It'll be so much fun to style our dolls and wait for them at the same time~ :3

    As to the styling, I really like what you've planned for your Skoll! I still haven't thought much of what my Skoll's character will be like, but it'll definitely be dark-themed. I'm loving the two harlequins -idea! We could come up with slightly different styles for face-ups and it'd be awesome!
    Also, when thinking about Chess-Skoll, an image of a knife-thrower comes to my mind for some reason...

    Oh, and I forgot to tell you that I'm thinking about a creepy-circus themed photoshoot with Lucky and LTF Mio (and possibly Ayato too), so if you want to take inspiration from that to Lucky's face-up, you're more than welcome! ^__^

    VastaaPoista
  2. In regards to my other Teenies, the Skoll be a darker character here too. But I think he'll still be lighter than your boy. Well, angel-demon kind of extreme duality is passee right ;) A lighter and darker kind of sinister would be cool, and in keeping what Soom is already offering with the chess-set.

    It would be so awesome to have two harlequinish dolls :3 And harlequin makeups come in so many different types, you can have your pick! And now knife-thrower takes me back to Kuroshitsuji and the circus-arc... oh that was a good story. Btw, I just finished with vol 13 and I knew that there was something utterly cool about the undertaker. He just climbed right to the top of my fav characters, right next to Joker.

    I think I'll try to do something cool with the gold we planned for Lucky, I hope it comes out suiting your circus needs.

    VastaaPoista
  3. That sounds great! Oooh, harlequin-skill is definitely something worth to see! And as I'm in bit of a teenie fever myself, I can't say anything else than go for it! x3

    VastaaPoista
  4. If I can just prove to Valentine and myself that I can afford Skoll in addition to all the other things we're going be needing this fall, then I'll surely get him :)

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit