20% Cooler, phase1 complete!

20% cooler RD wig _01

So I just got my comissioned RD wig from Spite&Malice. It's just perfect! You can compare it to the reference picture I posted previously and see just how well she nailed it. I just needed to trim it the tiniest bit in the front, so that the orange stripes are a bit shorter in the front, giving the wig that M shaped bang.


20% cooler RD wig _02

 

I actually first tried it out on Fyrd, with the clothes and everything, but I had to take the pictures on Yuffie in the end, since Fyrd looked like an RD who was going to eat everyone, with minimal chewing. The wig looks a bit fluffier on Fyrd's smaller head though, which is good and what I am looking for.

20 cooler RD wig _03

 

You can see the new Emerald green colour in the back. It is very close to what colour RD should have, I'm happy that I got it over Acid green.

And like all Spite&Malice wigs, it is sooo soft! I just want to ruffle it all the time ^w^ And the fur is very easy to style. TBH I never get why some people can't tame their fur wigs for pictures, letting the strands just point in every possible direction, making the doll look like a soul-eater (usually with dead-set eyes and flash of course). It is so simple to just mat the hair down... But I guess those are the pictures that are the root of the "all fur wigs look just so tasteless and cheap" opinions.

Trust me, I good custom fur wig isn't that cheap XD Not saying that custom fiber wigs would be cheaper, no, but with furs, you really pay for quality... I used to own a few Soom fur wigs, and they were terrible :( They shedded from the edges like crazy, because they had not been hemmed and the fur had these weird longer hairs among them, which resulted in an awful lot of flyaways. And the fur was... I dunno... slicker? It usually showed up a bit shiny in photos, or just catched light flares, and wasn't as easy to style. the S&M wigs have a more matt fur, so you can crunch it up like if you had putted wax in there.

I sound like an S&M spokesperson XD But I have quite a few of her wigs, and been satisfied with the lot of them. And can recommend them to anyone looking for quality fur wigs, especially if one needs a more excentric one.

Kommentit

  1. Ah, I wanna see RD Fyrd! XD Evil RD would be so cool~
    But back to the main point - that wig looks absolutely perfect for RD! Good job from S&M! (hah, the connotations of that abbreviation...)
    RD the doll will be a sight to behold when she's ready, I'm sure! :3

    I also wonder why people find it so hard to smooth their fur wigs... (although I'm not sure I myself can style furwigs so that they don't look like crap XD ) I think fur wigs are much easier to handle than fiber. Depends on the wig quality though.

    But yeah, you do see a lot of those soul-eaters around. XD It's like the dolls are saying "Please save me, flatten my hair!"

    VastaaPoista
  2. :P I might need some purpish/deep pink eyes in a correct size to really show off RD-evil-Fyrd. Do you have any in 16mm I could try?

    I haven't seen badly styled fur wigs from you. Like that Aoba-wig you have on Nene always looks good. And I don't think you'll be one of them to publish photos of those terrible fur wigs. Because honestly, one (well at least the two of us XD) can see right away if the wig is pointing all over place.

    VastaaPoista
  3. Oh yeah, I have 16 mm purplish glasseyes with a dark-purple-red pupil that could work... and I think I might have something else in 16 mm too, I have to go through my dolleyes to see what I've got. :)

    Well that's a relief to hear. :'D It'd be horrible to have total eye-sore dolls and not even realize it. ^^;;

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit