Those Gem-like Eyes

Sparkly eyes 01

Fyrd's eyes came yesterday. They are unique eyes from Enchanted doll, which I won as a prize from their photography contest. I sent them a description of what I wanted, and I think the third picture of Fyrd's eye mock-up from this post. And now they are finally here and they are sparkly!

Maybe just a tad darker than I wanted, but emerald works just as well as the apple green I had previously. When I write about Fyrd, I often describe his eyes as "gem-like" and emerald anyway. They should shine a light of their own, but I can't expect miracles from mortal-made resin eyes now can I? XD

Now I'm just waiting on Nigel's new eyes, as well as some clothes for Fyrd. The chaos god desperately needs some more wardrobe, as I have gone through his regular clothes more than enough and I have now resolved to making him wear Lexy's shirts... Well, my favourite outfit for Fyrd - the white shirt with the big ribbon at the front plus the wine red low-cut hoodie - were actually meant for Alexander in the first place... As well as the pants that Fyrd has now claimed for himself. So he really needs some clothes that are purely his own, right?

Towards the light
I love how this picture turned out. And it was a semi-accident!

Somehow he just keeps rejecting any clothes that I have specifically meant for him =_= We'll see how he looks in the Taobao frillies. But those are all tops, I still need some more pants for him. I love the bloomers I made for him, but with the long, skinny legs of an SD doll, they need some socks or something to accompany them, or else they just look ridiculous or the outfit somewhat unfinished. It is so much easier with my small Teenies, which wear practically nothing else but bloomers...

It is also a problem with his shoes. While I really like the ones he has now, they only work with long, oversized pants like the cargos he usually wears. I'd like to get him something a bit more delicate. Or maybe some tall boots, to cut away at the long legs? But I can only find stuff meant for SD16 heels >_< And yes, I could get Fyrd SD16 compatible heel legs, but I like flat feet, for more balance. The other tall boots tend to be gothic platforms or sneakers. And I need something in brown leatherish material. If you find something you think is suitable for my Chaos God, then link me! (Your comment will go to moderation queue, but I'll get to it eventually ;D )

On other doll stuff planned, my list is getting very, very short. I'd really like to comission Fyrd's 'default' outfit as well as a Seeker outfit for Nigel. But I think that I might first get a certain frilly outfit for Hippu from Dollheart *///* Just need to scrape the funds together... I just spent a massive amount on loli things for myself, but I think I'll post about those thing separately. So it's coming up next!

Kommentit

  1. Wow, those eyes do look good on him. Adds to the mysterious feeling of the character.
    That picture looks cool! Like Fyrd is lurking in the shadows and smiling knowingly... ;)

    VastaaPoista
  2. Yeah, I love the sparkle in these eyes. I think theyturned out a bit darker than I'd like though. I mean, they are exactly as I asked for, but I believe my reference picture was way too dark. On most pictures without direct sunlight, they look black, not greenish. I'll see how they work out...

    And that photo brought the exact same idea to me as well :D Like he is mocking the creatures of the light there...

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit