These are dangerous times we live in, my friend

So while my own life keeps on flowing along the same tracks, Other-Me has kicked up a gear. Not necessarily in the right direction...

A couple of nights ago, I found myself imprisoned, or captured, with some of my fellow revolutionists. We were in a largish holding cell, with our hands cuffed behind our backs. But that was no obstackle for moi. No, I knew that all hand-cuffs would have a safety mechanism (like those toy cuffs kids play with) and just flicked mine open. Trying not to reveal this to the passing guards I released my friends one by one.



When we were all de-cuffed, be overcame the guards, stormed out of the holding cell and into a large hall-sort-of-a-room packed with people. We declared that this was the revolution and that the room was now our new nation.

Well, even Other-Me is against despotism. We told everyone that hey, if you don't like our new nation, you can get your things and leave XD Something at the back of my head kept saying that it'll be just the very few of us left in that hall. Because... who wants to live in a bloody hall?!

We'll just skip over the next night, where Other-Me was having serious issues with whatever mad scientist/child of chtulhu sort of thing that was happening to her, and let's just conclude that giving birth is still not something I want to do, nevermind it not actually hurting in a dream.

And we'll get to last night.

Apparently the whole revolution hadn't rolled out as planned, since we now find Other-Me in a pinch. She's been charged a mission. Not really sure what mission, but it involved clues and riddles about renaissance art, very Dan Brownish sort of a scenario. Very much Dan Brownish, concidering that Professor Langdon was telling me about these clues which I had no clue about.

I told him: "I honestly haven't got a clue what frigging painting that is supposed to be." He seemed a bit put off by that, but I couldn't dwell on his hurt feelings for long, since I needed to get our important target before the people from the opposing team (probably some cultists of whatever, looked like Jayd and Alas, only way uglier with knobbly limbs and warts on their faces) could beat me to it.

I succeeded and found that this "important target" was a mute man that looked like a cross between Slenderman and the Frankenstein monster. But seemed to have a very timid and caring personality, the wouldn't-hurt-a-fly sort of man. Which left all the hurting to be done to me.

The cultists (for a lack of a better word) had caught us, the Jaydish one pointing a gun at me, threatening me with some overused phrase. Weighing my options, I moved quickly, tackling Jaydish, sending the semiautomatic flying and grabbing it in mid-fly. (Yes, yes, Other-Me is very cool. Black Widow pales and yaadiyaadiyaa. :P) Jaydish expected me to throw some punchline, but instead, without wasting a blink of an eye, I pulled the trigger.

The shock on his face was priceless. He had not even thought that a 'hero' of this dream would just shoot the villains on cold-blood. It just wasn't something heroes did in his opinion.

Well, my shock was as great, when the clip was out of bullets. The guy had threatened me with an empty gun! The bastard!

But beating Jaydish unconscious with the back of the pistol still allowed me to escape with Lurk (the only name proper for that mellow towering dude I was protecting). I was anxious to just get out of the whole country, but Lurk still had important business. He led me to an underground church, where there was a whole mass going on. It was underground as in it wasn't actually a very known church, no correlation to it's location in relation to ground level. But the people that did know about it, were very passionate about whatever religion that they were practicing. But the party was going down, fast.

Lurk came out with two children, around middle-school aged, who seemed to be importand pieces in this mission. Still whatever the mission was on the large scale. Now we really just needed to get the hell away from here, seeing as the church was going up in flames and Jaydish and Alasish had just pulled up their car at the front. In the shadows of the night, I led the kids to a Volkswagen (the hippie bus), and we quietly drove away from the chaos. But I knew that the two of them would be following, no matter how insignificant a trail I left behind.

And sure enough, they were right behind us when we arrived at some sort of a super mall, where I tried to shake them off by switching floors here and there, rushing through service corridors, all the way making my path toward the harbour. Which was somehow connected to this mall, don't ask me of the details of the architecture... I wanted to get to the ferry, that would get us across the Baltic Sea and to Sweden. And from there, we could continue our escape.

On hindsight, I really don't know if I really was on the 'hero' side of this dream at all... After all, Lurk seemed to be sort of a priest for the bizarre cult which children had to be saved from. Thenagain, saving children is always a plus, no? Except I don't know what kind of children these really were... There is always the possibility of child of cthulhu, or some darkspawn-business going on.

I just really hope that the next episode of the life of the Other-Me I see, will have skipped over the ferry-ride. I really don't want to be wrestling with any sea monsters. Since I'm pretty sure sharks would be creeping in there somewhere and I just don't want another one of those dreams...

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit