Just to write something

Haven't been updating for a while, mainly because of a lack of any illustration. Every day I look out the window and it's just so dull grey outside. I want some light, dammit! I want to take photos without having to drag my ass outdoors. Neither have I done any new drawing, not because of lack of inspiration (I actually have several ideas and now to just figure out how to make them happen), but because I finally got a surge to continue my LeBrant-editing. So now I've used much of my time with that.



I'm currently editing what I've saved as LeBrant ver 3. The main story is basically the same, I'm not actually even adding much text. I'm more into rearranging the structure to suit me. I have this weird need to have chapters that have approximately the same amount of pages, and I wanted them to alternate between LB and Nikki. When I started this ver3 though, I finally gave up on it. It was a nice idea, but I needed to break it in order for the events to flow more naturally.

But sure, whenever I start to edit this thing, I do always make actual edits to the text as well. Mostly adding nuances and description and correcting prepositions though. And I always start at the beginning. Meaning, I have pretty good first 50 pages or so, but the end is a bit all over the place :D I'm hoping that this time around, I'll be able to pick up from the middle and grind my way forward from there. I want this book done. But I don't want it to be done hastily, so that there're huge mistakes and contradictions and every 'their' is a 'they're'...

To help me get into the mood of writing this, I've kept my Nikki-doll close-by. Also, whenever I'm writing scenes of Fyrd, I glance at my Fyrd-doll. I don't know if my image of Fyrd has just shifted to look more like Demetri or what, but damn that doll looks a lot like he's supposed to! Although, in my head, Fyrd grins widely a lot, showing those nice fangs he's got. I wouldn't want a doll like that though, it'd be a bit too much of a one-expression kind of sculpt. But that's what drawing is for, right ;)

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit