Better not replace me!


You better not even think you're replacing meee!!1!

Nyaruko has been the king of the Chibi-hill for some time now, but her reign is crumbling. Rin was easy enough to subdue as her loyal subject, but maybe she'll have more than she can chew in the future. See, I'm home, having caught the flu, and what else is there to do while wrapped under heaps of blankets, than surf the net for cute plasticy things. And this one I found from my favourite place for new spending ideas, Den of Demons. Kotobukiya's Cu-Poche line.



They are close to Nendos, but with lightly larger bodies and with more thought put into posing. And dang, they're cute! And with their longer, slimmer bodies, they look even more appealing to me than Nendos. They even seem to have a bit more neck, the lack of which is somewhat bothering me with Nendos. And according to review, the neck has decent posability, which is always a plus, coming from posing dolls.

You can read a few reviews about these little things on PlasticKitty and My Figure Collection. From what I read from these, Kotobukiya seems to have decent quality (broken pegs come from even the very top-end manufacturers) and quite a few nice innovations. And good news is that you can put Nendo heads on these bodies. :) Which is cool, because so far I do prefer GSC's faceplates, but greatly prefer these new bodies.

The line hasn't been around for long, it seems only twelve has been released so far and none of them is a character that I want, but I'll be keeping an eye on these.  Now I've been so out of anime-loop for some time, that these new releases only get bought on cuteness alone. I haven't seen Madoka, Idolmaster or Little Busters, which these new figures seem to mainly consist of. I might be just too old-school (or just plain old?) to have to spend too much money on these little buggers XD

A Cu-Poche (I need a nice shorter name for these, this is a pain to write over and over again...) Nyaruko, perhaps? ;) Suzumiya Haruhi would be a must-have! Or since Kotobukiya has released quite a few Evangelion figures in the past, maybe finally that Ayanami Rei? Although, since she is such an emotionless character, she doesn't really work as a cute chibi, imo. Good character, but not so much figure. Although it would be cool to have a Nendo/Cupo (?) of Rei with an additional hair piece for the bangaded look.

Or another Rin... :P  I dunno though if GSC has some sort of exclusivity to Vocaloid characters since I haven't seen them from other companies. Could be that I just haven't looked hard enough though... Another newer popular franchise that has massive exposure with GSC but much anywhere else is BlackRock Shooter. I sorta would like a BRS Nendo (long sold out) and a BRS Cupo would be even better!

And what I'd really like to see from either of these manufactures, is more optional part purchaseable separately. GSC has started to release their Nendoroid More parts, and I'd like to see more basic outfits, as well as dioramas and just optional hands and such. And preferably as a permanent stock, I'm really not shelling out 20$ on shipping for some tiny hands or a pajama... X(

Kommentit

  1. Oh dear, those are cute. And I even recognise 2 of the characters! Black Magician girl of course (you can't play yugioh in any form with out pumping in to her, and darn, I wouldn't mind having something that awesome on my shelf) and I'm not really sure do I want to admit I know Saber, but I did it anyway. :DDD Cu-Poches look like worth watching for! x3

    VastaaPoista
  2. Haven't played/watched Yu-Gi-Oh, but that Black Magician is indeed interesting-looking. I like the bright colours they've got going there. *getitcough!* I've also seen Saber all around, but don't know much about her. And what I've seen, doesn't really appear to be my cup of tea.

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit