Angelic Surprise


Well not really angelic in the religious sense, but a surprise from Angelic Pretty. :) As I wrote, I ordered the Radiant Candlelight skirt and a new mint parka from AP a while back. They arrived yesterday. And with them, a deck of cards! I've gotten AP postcards of current prints before, but this was way more fun!



It has to do with their new Wonder Queen series, which is a take on Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland. So yes, playing cards go well with that theme. But I'm still stoked to have gotten a deck with all-AP design. It's not just the high cards and jokers, like with many other theme decks, but these are all gorgeous. I like playing cards in general (no, lets not drag the Joker in this again...) so I was all hearts when I saw it. I'm just too afraid to play with them, lest they be ruined. I need a good case for them so I can keep them in my bag.

But for the other items, I'm very pleased with them as well. The parka is a duller mint than I had thought, which is actually a good thing, since it isn't so in-your-face-cute than a really bright mint would have been. I also love the slightly puffed sleeves. Now I regret that I didn't get this in light brown as well, but I can't shell that much money on AP parkas now.

The skirt seems lovely as well. All the bows were detacheable and so I could easily just remove the chiffon layer which got shoved to the back of thr closet to never be used :D It hasn't got the usual back-ribbons, which is a good thing since I rarely use them and the pinned chiffon bow seems much more useable. The fabric seems very nice and heavy and the colour is a very nice creamy ivory.

I was a bit bummed that the skirt didn't have the side pocket, but it's understandable since the chiffon layer would have blocked a pocket anyway. It also doesn't have that three cm of lace at the bottom like my other skirts, but I'll see how I feel about that. I haven't had an opportunity to wear it yet, but I'll get to it this weekend. And I just realised that this is the first skirt I've bought straight from brand! All my other skirts have come second hand... Except for my JSK. I don't really feel different about it though. I like my second hands for their cheaper price XD Well, with the Rose Letter coming up, I don't think this'll be my last direct-bought skirt.

Kommentit

  1. Oh those playing cards are way cool! I love the whole Wonder Queen imagery they have at their web site.
    Was it easy ordering from AP? I'm still pondering on getting that Radiant Candlelight skirt in red... :3

    VastaaPoista
  2. Ordering from Angelic Pretty Online shop is very simple. You put the items you want to your shopping cart and once done, click on the cart at the top bar which takes you to Japan shops to pay. You want to register, since the tracking codes only show in your account. Then you can pay for your items via Paypal. Mind you, you'll be paying for the items and shipping separately, so you'll go to PP twice. But it's very easy, you just click forward.

    AP USA is also quite simple, but they only take credit card.

    Sadly, neither has Radiant CL in stock anymore as a skirt or a JSK. You'll have to find it second hand :(

    Funnily though, it seems that AP USA still has Mousse de Chocolate low waist jsk in all the colours in stock... Damn I like that ivory one as well! But I already have it in mint, which I love even more.

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit