Up the creek with out a paddle

Up the creek


Y: "Do not tell me you have forgotten about the date you promised me ~"
N: "I haven't made any bloody promises to you."
Y: "Yes you have. The last time you got intoxicated with alcohol, you called me to ask me out."
N: "I don't even drink. Get off me brat!"


This week's challenge almost got me up the creek... First up, I had no idea what the proverb meant, then my mind just struck blank when I tried to think of something to portray being in a difficult situation with no way out. And since I had no way to put any of my dolls into a canoo, paddling up a real creek, I had to take some other method out. So in a way... this whole post is about being up the creek... >_<


Holla to you


Y: "Do not worry, readers! No real Nigels were harmed in the filming of these photographs!"

While Eiko is getting more and more muted-down colours, Yuffie gets more and more colourful ^_^ She's bright, both in colour and in mind. She can handle any new technology (and has the money to buy it) and aspires to be as good a hacker as Nigel. Her admiration for the man is mostly a crush, but borderline stalking. Funny thing is, whenever I'm writing her lines, she ends up sounding like a time-traveller from a past century. Part of her charm, I guess?

Yuffie would never admit being up the creek. She always sees herself as being in control, getting herself out of any situation. Even when she's being threatened by two highly trained assassins, she never looses her cool, since she knows that the Knights present will do whatever it takes to save her. So it all seems to go exactly according to plan to her. But there is one dark spot on her records. Yuffie, not too fond of her best friend's boyfriend, teases/bullies Alex enough to make the boy take a hike, resulting in Eiko being heart-broken after she has had to make a choice between her most trusted friend and the boy she loves. Even Yuffie has to face responsibility this time and going to Alexander to apologise is her most humiliating memory.

Leave me be


N: "Could you just leave me bloody be? I feel violated..."

And then there's Nigel, with his very limited supply of swear words XD And a fact about him: Nigel really doesn't drink. It's not so much of a principal or even a health issue (ha! with Nigel's diet of mainly pizza and coke, alcohol wouldn't even be the greatest of his problems), he just doesn't like the taste or feel of alcohol and hates how his head got cloudy when he tried drinking back in high school. He doesn't care if others drink, although he does think Audrye becomes a bit too silly when she's tipsy. He puts up with it anyway XD Nowadays Nigel does have alcohol in his fridge and even has a small liquour cabinet in his kitchen. But the beer and the cognac/whiskey are for Emma. And Matt if the thief comes by to steal a shot or two.

Nigel feels that he is up the creek quite a lot. Maybe even at all times. The time that has most shaped his history is the still unwritten incident which got him into so much trouble that it took the Knights to dig him up again, leaving him in debt to the Knights and practically a slave for lord Michael. But the situation he really can't get out of by himself is when he has angered Audrye (any number of those times). He just can't say the right words so that she'd understand how much he feels for her, so that she wouldn't read too much into the lines. So he always needs a push to try to fix it. (Yes, yes, Audrye is quite a bitch to always take offence so easily and not making any effort on her part to fix it.)

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit