Teddy

Teddybears


All right, although I sorta dissed ED eyes in the last post, they do have quality as well. The Milky line is awesome, the shimmer and gleam you'll get is amazing. I did minimal touch-ups for the eyes in this photo. The trouble is, they can't blend the colours that well with Milkys. So you either get just the colour on the chart, or you get really a really stark shift from colour to another. They can work, not saying that they couldn't. I have a few blended Milkys myself (these silvery-beige ones and the strange-green that Alex has) and I'm happy with them.



And I think that these beige ones actually look very good on Eiko. The tourquoise eyeshade is now more subtle and the natural eyes (well, they are natural compared to some of the others I've got :D ) go well with her natural look. Or maybe it's just how Lorinas look good in practically anything... This sculpt never ceases to amaze me how beautifully sculpted it is! The big eyes, the button nose with a cute profile, the open kissable lips. It is a thing of art. Cute art!

Pretty much how I knew I loved Ai from the first photos I saw of it, I also knew I would love Lorina. Both of them were limiteds, only bought by the promo pictures. And I was lucky to have them both. Well, Ai was just a matter of cash in a limited time period, Lorina was a bigger stroke of luck...

Well, enough about Lorina and back to Eiko-the-character. Eiko Kuroyama-Fenning is a half-Japanese-half-British teenage girl from London. I first gave her tourquoise eyes just because, heck, they look good with brown hair. But as Deary said on Flickr, she now looks more Asian. A very, very stylised Asian, but I can live with that :D And well, since the character hasn't been used that much yet - only one coloured drawing and some mentions in the DG campaign, not really emphasising the eye colour - I can easily just make her brown-eyed in my personal canon. Would make her stand out more next to Alex anyway...

Only thing funny about these eyes is, that while the 18mm Dollflowers were a perfect fit as is, these 18mm wide EDs seem a bit too small. But I'm not really going to go and get another pair in this same special colour in 20mm wide... So I'll just have to get used to it. Although I'd love a really doe-eyed Eiko :3 Damn these big-head-big-eyed Volksies!

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit