Looking back on 2013


We'll be seeing you next year!


At the end of last year, I wrote to our local doll forum that:

planned for year 2013:
- Little Monica Demetri
- Little Monica Dyuke
- Little Monica tan girl / that darned tan Hati (or Beyla's fine too! Soom hear my pleads!)

And if this plans out, then by year 2013 I'll have that limit breaking 10 dolls :(

Well, that 10 doll limit has indeed been broken... Otherwise my plans didn't go as planned XD So, on we go, it's time to wrap up the year 2013:



Dolls bought in 2013:

(- Soom Dia male, since he came home this year, although I paid for him in 2012)

- Little Monica Demetri, to be my Fyrd. It took a little more effort in the end, as expected from the chaos lord. First the dealer I usually used took a hiatus, postponing my order until I finally decided to just order straight from LM. then as he arrived, he was for a while lost in the limbo of Itella and Customs. but he's here now, that's the most important thing.

- Volks Kun, as Phoenix. When we locked our vacation plans and bought tickets to Tokyo, I knew I'd be getting a doll from there.

- Soom Bygg GS, as an impulse buy. I was not supposed to buy anything, let alone a doll. And not a grey one XD But well, Milki's cute enough so that there's no regrets.


Dolls sold in 2013:

- none

Other things from 2013:

I started to make face-ups as comissions more frequently. I love doing them. Each one is an individual challenge, keeping up the quality I've produced while still trying new ways to improve myself. And it's so nice to look at the head after those layers and layers of pastels and spray and say, fuck yeah I did this XD

While doing face-ups, I've done less sewing. It just doesn't give me the satisfaction that face-ups do. Although they are less tressfull, especially when making ready-made clothes. They are basically just sold or not. But with comissions, you're trying to do exactly what the customer ordered.

I've taken a lot of photos, wanting to improve there as well. A major breakthrough came with the tripod I got for my birthday. I've read up on tutorials on how to use light to my advantage and will keep working on this next year as well. There weren't any photostories (if those few short 'comics' don't count) and won't be any in near vicinity either. I just can't make the sets as I want to.


But on the topic of those comics, I got a few Nendoroids. Cute as hell! Maybe I'll get more of those next year as well. Although I need to take more photos of the ones I have already as well. Nendo-photography is a new area for me. It's difficult when the subject is so tiny!

And steering more and more away from the dolls, I also venture into lolita this year. The trip to Tokyo was a gold mine here as well XD I just love my skirts and am going to get more, so that I would have even more variety and could use them more often. I also need a few more pettycoats and some short-sleeved shirts for the summer... And my mother loves my frilly look XD Aaand she's about the only one who does...

I managed to finish another Wrimo and cross some items off my bucket-list. Also made a new doll-friend, yey! And I finally played my DG Vegas one-off game, which was a blast. I need to do a few more one-offs next year... I'm also hoping that we'll continue our RQ campaign (or some other game, as long as I get my Killing-Bow of Killingness!) and of course there's still plenty to do and level up in the Bloody Pirates.

Ah, but I'm derailing! Future hopes come in the next post - tomorrow!

I hope you all had a happy year as well. I sure know I was less depressed this year, compared to the blues of 2012. This was the year of pink XD

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit