Take a hike

Take a hike

Well, who else could really own this title, but Alex :D I love the attitude of this boy so much! So much even, that I'm thrilled to be writing about him in this years Nanowrimo. So yeah, I chose to write a sequel to Binary Knight. I begun writing about Audrye, but felt so uninspired by some 300 words that I just gave up. Now I'm just short of 2000 with Nigel and feeling good about it.



I think part of the itching I have for this Nano-novel is that I was planning to rewrite the first Binary Knight anyway. Now I won't have time to do that, but I can implement the elements I wanted to change into this one. You see, I first wrote it during the DG campaign and couldn't really reveal too much about the ongoing background plot, since my players could always read it from the blog XD So the series of short stories are just that, a series of small incidents in Nigel's life, and not a really coherent storyarc.

So I plan to rewrite it, introducing the angels a lot sooner, making Nigel do a lot more work to track down the red man and going into greater detail about his blooming friendship with Emma and how he perceives her falling in love with the snob. A big change is that Nigel doesn't actually end up with Audrye that easily. In the campaign it was pretty much a necessity so that Nigel could be a true ally, but storywise it sorta flopped. I could have done so much more in regards to Matt and Tessa... And now I will ;)

Well, the story continues a few months after the last Nigel-short story. Emma has lost the love of her life and after another suicide attempt she has been locked up in an asylym. But now she's getting released and Nigel wants to be there for her. Sadly, his only ride is the just-turned-seventeen-and-got-a-licence-Alexander and dispising the teenager has erased the note he found from the depths of the interwebs completely from his mind. And that's too bad, since Eight Pawns Are Going To Be Sacrificed. The Game Begins At The Counter.

Kommentit

  1. Dundundunduuuuun! :D

    ... Well it did require it! I'm keeping my thumbs up!

    VastaaPoista
  2. Well I hope the dundunduuuns are not let down :)

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit