Squee?

Amber eyes


So during the weekend I was trying out different eyes for Milki. The Soom eyes I first put into her were a good shade of pink, but I just don't like the look of silicones irl. They look nice in photographs as in they reflect light well and the pupils tend to 'follow'. But they aren't as clear as urethanes, or even glass. And I have this problem with the glass eyes I've gotten, they have too high a dome so that I can't position the eyes except looking straight forward. So urethanes it had to be...



At first I thought I could tackle the problem quite easily. I was already thinking that I would buy a second pair for Hani, a black/mint one and then I thought that maybe I could just get hose and give Hani's current eyes to Milki. That way they would have a matching pair of eyes, but only with a different accent colour. I have no picture of it, but Hani's eyes just didn't look right at all. They are so dark (even when I positioned them to show almost only the pink part) that it gave Milki this doe-eyed look that Hani always has: scared and shy.

Amber eyes


I'm so not shy!


So I knew I had to get some light-coloured eyes for Milki. I was thinking of getting some eyes for her from Mako, seeing as I already planned to get some generic eyes for my face-up photos. And while browsing through their catalogue, cross-referencing with owner pictures, I decided to try out all the spare eyes I had around or tucked away for sale.

She looked OK in the light blue glass eyes, which enforced my opinion that I should get both a pink and a light mint pair for her. (Also a light silver one, just because I'm an eye-hoarded...) And then I remembered these Dollflower eyes I had originally bought for Manna, but which had been left unused since I sold my Unoas and no one had taken up to buy off me yet. And I loved them on Milki!

Amber eyes


They are so beautifully golden and bright! Then I switched out Nuu's headband, so that Milki could get this golden one from her. If I go with this colour-scheme, I might need to start looking for some golden/black clothes for her... It would look nice with the grey. My only concern is, that Milki looked so nice next to Hani with the pink eyes and black/pink accessories ans that she'll stand out too much when all my other teenies are very light-coloured and in pastels. But we'll see...

As I said, I'm going to do an order with Mako anyway and if Milki doesn't end up using the eyes I'll get for her, then up for sale they go, or to be used in face-up photos. And I already found a pair of purple eyes that might just be the right shade for Yuffie... Darn urethanes! I should be happy though, that Milki hasn't been demanding more wigs.... I have quite a lot of them already and Hani is still not satisfied >_<

Kommentit

  1. Got to say again those eyes look so awesome on her. ;_;

    And I hear you on urethanes, I feel like getting dozen pairs more just because they are so pretty. It's funny to find myself drooling over the new eyes, when I even don't neet them! xD But so many pretty colors. *w* It's so hard to resist! Dx

    VastaaPoista
  2. Yeah that's just the thing, they are such candy eyes!

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit