Gaaahh

Carrothead


This has been the longest week. I've been struggling with the Nano again, even though I've managed to keep up with a nice 1700 words+ daily speed. During last weekend I even clocked over 2300 easily. Now I'm just over-thinking it again. I know what'll happen in the over-all story, but I'm worried that either it won't be enough to fill 50k, or that it'll go way over it. Both are fixable in post-production yes, but the thing is, I want a finished story by the end of the month.



If the story goes way beyond the 50k, I won't be able to finish it with THE END, although I'd still be a Nano winner, technically. With the pace I'm doing now, I can go over with a few thousand words, but the last weekend of November is fully booked for me already, so I need to finish this on 28th the latest. So to try to make it to the finish-line, I've been cutting a lot of corners. I hit a block, I jump right over it. Meaning that if the scene isn't coming out as words, I'll just skip it and move forward. I know what is going to happen in the middle, but I'll leave writing it until later. However, skipping like this might mean that I accidentally reach the finish line a bit too soon...

Out of these two, I still prefer the latter. Getting to the end with fewer than 50k is still fixable within November, I only need to fill those holes I've left behind. Nevermind how hard it's going to be to squeeze out those sentences, one by one...

But, so far I've managed to write four out of six 'murders', with the last two coming in quickly now. I've also killed off one of my oldest characters created, with quite a brutal way, I might add. I managed to bring Mycroft Malbourne into the novel :D And put in tons of jokes about Americans, all the while one the coolest characters in the book being American. And Matt has been insufferable. And Nigel so sweet :3

And while typing this novel, I've also gotten more of a clear view on how I actually want to write Binar Knight novels 1 (now dubbed Binary Knight: Deathgrip) and 3 (Binary Knight: Godchild). I'll actually split many elements of the RPG campaign into these two. There were just so many themes (the angels, Lani, James+Gwendolyn, Treasure, Quentin) in the campaign that it'd be too much to squeeze into one book. So I'll give them a bit more room to breathe. The first novel will be about the angels and the Reaper. The third will be about Lani and competitive cults, maybe more involvement from Yuffie, I dunno yet.

But today I'll get to throw all of this out of my head and just roll some dice! Taffee is back in action. Hopefully some pizza will also be eaten, but so far Valentine has been dead against it.

Kommentit

  1. Good luck with dices!

    Just take the deep breath, i'm sure you get Binary Knight squeeshed out by end of the month. ^^ Important thing is get the bulk of the story out! x3 I'm rooting on you here! And sorry for your lost, killing characters always gives a small hollow feeling for a moment. @_@;

    My love thoughts to Nigel and Quentin. <3 ( Me having favorites? Never! xD )

    VastaaPoista
  2. Well, it's no secret that Nigel is a favourite of mine too ;)

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit