Foxtrot

Foxtrot


As well as doing face-ups, I also managed to blush Fyrd's ears during the weekend. The Soom Feny ears look so cute on him! :3 I was smitten by these ears when Soom released the tiny limiteds, but since from general comments these seemed like the most sought after parts in splits, I gave up even trying to find them at a reasonable price. But, either I've greatly overestimated the current split prices or just caught a huge break, I got the opportunity to buy these off Velvet for a reasonable price.



It's funny though, since I just read from her blog that she's been into foxes for a long time. For me, it's not really about the foxes as such, although I like the folklore depictions of foxes. But they have a special meaning to me in relation to Fyrd.

It all began... in that fateful year... my senior year at high school. Just kidding! Nothing really fateful, just a string of events that now manifests itself as a crimson-haired doll. But it was my senior year. In our school (and many Finnish high schools) it's a custom to make a hoodie for the senior class with some sort of funny pun or another. And they were gather suggestions for the illustration for ours.

I was doodling, in math class, if I recall correctly, and came up with this brightly smiling fox-like cartoon character. It's smirk was delighted, but also a bit 'I-didn't-do-it'-guilty-looking. I made it into a Wanted-poster, with the puch line of "wanted for bad behaviour during years..." with our high-school years in there. And against all odds, the drawing one the polls. I still have that hoodie. :)

Foxtrot


But the fox-cartoon started a life of its own. I doodled more of them. I started calling them 'rabia'. When they became part of my Cheshka world, there were two kinds of them. The golden rabia, who were just curious, a bit mischievous but generally helpful intelligent creatures. Then the moon rabia, more silver in colour, were the truly evil kind. Oh, I loved my grinning moon rabia named Reggie!

Then came the campaign for which I first created Fyrd. I made him a trickster, spreading feud in a country village. But the back-story was, that he had come to life from the needs of the rabia for a god of their own. To every one else he looked like an ordinary, maybe 14 years old, boy with bright red hair. But of the three player characters, the 'see-er', who also saw the ghosts and visions that led the story forward, saw his fluffy fox-tail and the fox ears on his head.

Foxtrot


And even now, if I doodle a chibi-Fyrd, I often draw the ears on him. Technically, his ears should be more silver, because it were the moon rabia that made him, but reddish colour just suits him better. Let's just say that he tries to blend in and maybe shift the blame on the golden rabia, eh? :D

Anyway, loving the ears! My collection of fantasy parts seems to grow at quite an alarming rate...

Kommentit

  1. I just love those ears! I think they fit Fyrd better than a teenie gem o_O
    He reminds me of kitsune, btw.

    VastaaPoista
  2. Ears look amazing! x3 I also love the fact that the wig takes the ears well, no bald spots or anything. Fur settles nicely. :3 Foxes are awesome.

    VastaaPoista
  3. Aww, Fyrd looks really cool with the ears, an epitome of a cunning fox especially with those yellow-greenish eyes~
    It's really interesting to read Fyrd's background story and how you created the character. And the rabia-fox species sound awesome, I can just picture them in my mind. :3

    Since I was a child, I always felt a bit sorry for foxes and wolves since a lot of fables, stories and myths about them picture them as evil, a menace. And usually the stories end up pretty badly for them. Of course there are stories that also praise them for their cleverness and those are my favorite kind. :)

    I'd love to see your doodle of a chibi-Fyrd, though! ^3^

    VastaaPoista
  4. He is a bit of a kitsune, thanks :)

    VastaaPoista
  5. Yes, fur wigs have that advantage over fiber.

    VastaaPoista
  6. Sorry, I have no doodle uploaded anywhere, but it's pretty much like this Chibimaker-Fyrd that I did a while back:


    But here's a picture of my favourite moon rabia that I found from my hard-drive:


    Wolves seem to have it worse than foxes, when it comes to fairytales, don't you think? Wolves are pretty much always the bad guy who get killed by the hero. Foxes are more commonly the snickering little devils, who make others do stupid things. Preeetty much like Fyrd is :D

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit