Aesthetics of October

Soom Pel

This month I did a lot of remakes... Above here, is Sugar's Emilia. It had been... what only a little over a year (I had to check my previous face-up from Flickr :D ) ago when I sold my Pel to her and did a face-up for her new doll. It had scratched and been worn out so an update was timely. I kept with the general colours of the previous face, and the mole is in the same place. I hope improvement in my skills still show :D



Then I finally did Phoenix's face. Twice.  First up, this:
Volks Kun

She already looked so much more like my doll with the smoky eyes, although definitely not a boy anymore >w< I tried slightly different type of eyebrows this time, since the big animu-Volks head can handle these little eyebrows. I always go much more freely with my own heads and just go with the flow. Sometimes it works, sometimes not so much :D That's why I have a habit of redoing the face-up pretty soon, as with Yuffie and Hani. (Somehow wiht Nigel and Fyrd I've been satisfied in my first try, but thenagain, I have faceupped the same character before so maybe that's why.) And with this face-up on Fenny, although technically it's a good one, the overly-pink lips (especially the lower lip) and the too-centered cheek blushing made me redo this pretty much the next day.
Volks Kun

I'm much more happy with this one! And she regained some of that androgynity. Also, before I said she looked a bit like Iple Tatjana, now I get Shushu vibes... Volks are so versatile :D
Dikadoll Zura 131020

I also was comissioned to redo the Zura head I did in September, only this time without the beard. It was quite a hassle, to be frank, getting this head done. At first there was trouble with getting of all of the previous face-up off without any residue left from the solution, then there were dust particles all over it never mind what I did, blushing not blending right... But I fought throught it! I had to wipe it all off once to start over again, but in the end the result is as soft as I wanted it.

And now we're off to November, and I already have a few slots reserved so stay tuned for more face-ups at the end of next month.

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit