Aesthetics of November

Soom Ai


I thought that I wasn't going to take too many heads this month, being all busy with Nano and all that, but you know me! I just can't say no... Well, actually I had to, I had my last slot open for November and got two inquiries about it the same day, and I just had to refuse the other. Although it was hard for me to do. But! I managed to do quite a few in the end :)

I got two heads from Velvet and although I've had Ai myself for years, this is the first I've done a face-up on one (my own being face-upped by StrawberryResin, who I look up to enormously as an artist). And this tiny face was so cute to paint! <3 I love that Velvet comissioned me to do those tiny white deer-spots on her cheecks, since it allowed me to do really heavy blushing there, which suits this sculpt so well.


Soom Grey


The other head from Velvet was this Soom Grey. It was my first doing a face-up on a grey-skinned doll but I think I pulled it off quite ok. I'd love to do more greys, an overly pastel-princess-grey-doll would be a dream come true to do. However, this Grey is bit more toned-down. Still allowed me to use really cool shades (cool as in colour temperature) which is nice to do once in a while.

Comission: 5stardoll Tumnus


Then I got to face-up this smirky boy for another comission. I was given instructions for the arc of the eyebrows and that he needed dark eyes, as he was meant to be a goth-boy. So this is the darkest I had ever gone with eye shadow. Still, I managed to do some shapes with it, so it's not just a blob of black, which I'm quite proud of.

Kommentit

  1. Hihi~ I'm hogging all your face-up commission slots with my dolls. ^__^ I just love your face-ups, can't help it.

    I love the heavy blushing you did for my Ai. ( and glad to hear that you liked painting the spots, I was a bit nervous to ask you to do the deer spots because I thought you'd be like "eh, yet another Ai with deer spots!? Be a little more original." Or something. :''D )
    The blushing on her cheeks really stands out and looks very pretty when she has her pink wig on. She's perfect now~ <3

    And Grey! You did an awesome job with him, can't believe this is your first face-up on a grey doll. It's exactly what I wanted for him, a wolfish expression~ I'm so happy with him. ^3^ Especially loving the eyebrows~
    I hope that you get to do a grey resin pastel-princess some time, I'd love to see that~ :3

    Have to comment on Tumnus too although he is not my doll. I love that dark eye shadow and the smirk, he looks so expressive! I think you have every right to be proud of your face up skills~

    VastaaPoista
  2. I would never call a face-up idea unoriginal! :D Every single one of them is still made by hand, so they're all different, especially when done by different artists. And after all, pretty much all ideas have already been used... It still doesn't make them unoriginal, imo. And the deer spots, they're so cute! Even cuter with the whole get-up you have for this doll. So full of pink!

    I'm really glad that you like the face-ups, it's always a comfort to know that the customers get what they wanted. And of course you can like my other work as well :3 And don't mind hogging the slots, it was a pleasure co-operating with you! You gave me clear vision what to do, but also trusted me to apply my own touch to them. With some face-ups, I even get a bit stressed out thinking if I performed as wanted. Sure, with practice, and knowing that my skills have evolved it gets easier, as I have more and more confidence to trust my own craftmanship and do what I know will get the good results.

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit