Wolf in sheep's clothing

Wolf in sheeps clothing

After a few weeks of struggling, this week's challenge theme was pretty easy :D Too bad I didn't get around making Fyrd a hat with sheep ears, it would have topped this! Anyway, he looks like he's up to no good, as always.



Fyrd was supposed to be that doll of mine, who just wouldn't care what he wore (as long as it was dark red/ivory). Well, he still doesn't care, but I just cringe whenever he's wearing anything but a very select few items. Only thing that I've bought for Fyrd specifically and he can wear, is the Evolution Fer coat. And his current shoes. But all the rest was originally Alex's... I still miss those green pants on Alex, since they fit that boy so well, but Lexy can wear jeans, which I just can't imagine on Fyrd.

So now Fyrd is this casual version of the character. And he was supposed to be my frilly-boy. I was sneering at the idea of having a doll, who was covered in ivory lace, ruffles and whatnots, with only that hair and those green eyes as specks of colour. Dressed so very sweetly, while being the most vile of characters. I really wanted him to be that wolf in sheep's clothing, but it doesn't seem to work out...

Well, it doesn't really matter, since I love Fyrd like he is now anyway. And nothing's stopping me from getting him new clothes if I feel like it (except for in November). Besides, who would have known this great contrast of clothes and character anyway? Except for myself, of course.

But maybe that was the whole point? Not caring about what others might think of a smugly face-upped doll in the cutest clothing. These dolls are plastered all over the internet (if your in the hobby or know how to look), made for criticism and comments. My dolls are pretty non-controversial, and even that frilly-Fyrd would have been very lame, but maybe it would have been a pinch of rebellion.

But now I think I don't really need Fyrd as an outlet for such 'controversy'. Not after I started to dress in loli myself. The first times I put on those skirts, I wondered what people would think of me when they saw me. Like when I went to work in a ruffle sleeved shirt and the Baby skirt, did people think less of me? Did they label me as just an airhead girl whose head is filled with clothing and not much else? Would it hinder my career?

But then I thought, what if someone would really come up to me, and say that what I wore made me inferior. That they wouldn't take me seriously if I wore ruffles and lace. And I knew, that it wouldn't matter. I could just say, that if the way I dressed affected their opinion on me, then it said more about them than me. I know who I am, what I'm capable of and just how good I am at what I do. And I won't suddenly become any less when I wear a loli skirt. And none of my colleagues have thought so either so far. I'm still getting asked for advice and help, just like before. Now I just also get compliments on my cute headbands and skirts :D

I just don't care anymore about what others think anymore. And it's quite liberating :D

And I mean this in a way that I don't care if people think bad about me. I still care about constructive criticism about my clothing. Like if someone suggested that I shouldn't wear lavender socks with a blood-red jsk (not that I have either, and I don't know if someone could make it work, I just don't see the combination working myself) if they saw me wearing that. I care about Valentine's opinions and suggestions a lot. He has made his outfits coordinated long before I even heard of the term :D I just don't give a shit about negativity.

So am I now the wolf in sheep's clothing? Maybe not, I'm quite fluffy after all.

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit