I don't know what to think

In Black and White


I switched my phone's wallpaper to this picture of Nikki and just can't stop oogling :3 So I'm recycling this old photo, which brings me to idea I've been thinking of today. November.


Dear November. It had many names. The Novel-writing-month (and yes, I'm going to try to be a NaNoWriMo Winner 2013!). Movember (I'm not that into mustaches myself, so opting out of this). Aside from NaNo, next month is going to be a No-buying-November for me.

Valentine has been saying for some time now that I'm addicted to buying things. He might very well be right. I have a very low bar on clicking that Buy It Now button. And there's always something new to get. Something I have to get now. Since it's limited, a good deal, needed for the season etc. Well, I could really do without them. So before the X-mas rush, I'm going to try to do just that. So for this November, I won't order anything online. No BJD stuff, no matter how incredible wig offers there are bound to be. No loli clothes. Not even the hyper-cute-very-rare skirt that is on my wish list and is now super cheap. No figures or nendos. No new shoes, although getting new soles for the old ones is allowed (and necessary). No hair products. No accessories. No new cadgets for the house. Nothing. I'll only be buying food, general everyday products (like shampoo, deodorant, tooth paste...) and paying the usual bills.

The only exception - and yes, now you can go on and say that my devotion for this cause is pretty much nonexisting since I'm already giving out exceptions - are X-mas presents. I buy most of them, at least the more costly ones, in November, since for one I hate going to stores in December and second the chain that I use for my shopping gives out double the bonuses in November. But! These would only be for present for others. And dolls don't count as 'others'.

Now why do I want to do this? Since I just became very scared at how easy it is for me to just go on shopping...

I've had this list of incoming items in my calendar for years now. It helps me wih BJD items, since some of them take months to deliver, and by then I might have forgotten all about them. I don't have much doll-stuff incoming - only a pair of eyes for Phoenix and some wigs  but other stuff has taken over.

True, changing one's wardrobe takes money. And I knew I needed quite a bit of things when I decided to go on the loli way. But now I need to reel it in. I've got all the basic things, and I've still got incoming two blouses, a cotton petty,  a wig (which might be a bust) and new winter shoes (just ordered today on a whim which might be the true inspiration for this post to begin with. I don't know if they'll fit me, but at least the shipping and returns are free with this store). Now I need to make it all work on a daily basis. I can't expect to wear a different outfit everyday, I need to be comfortable reusing items in different coords.

And I need to find something else to occupy myself with than browsing through online shops. For one, I should try harder to regain my work-motivation.

But what to do with all the money I'll be saving? :D I know after NaNo, I really need to treat Valentine to a nice dinner. And I'm hoping we could go to Paris next year, so all money saved I could spend in Baby's shop there. Or if I can really downsize my impulse shopping, I could really go on a spree at next year's LDoll, if I go there.

Kommentit

  1. As another impulse shopper, I wish you good luck with all my heart! ^w^ I'm sure you can pull it off!

    VastaaPoista
  2. Thanks! I'll do my best. And I hope that I won't just buy everything beforehand in October :D

    VastaaPoista
  3. That's one sexy cellphone wallpaper alright. ;-)

    This post got me thinking about my own shopping habits. I know it can be hard to resist something cute and tempting, like figures. Although I'm starting to have problems with them taking up all the space in my apartment and all... haha. ^^;;

    I don't know if I could go for a whole month without buying anything but the necessities... Especially when I'm lookign for Christmas presents, I always find something that I really want myself as well... that no one else is going to buy for me... so I end up buying stuff for myself when I should be buying presents for others, uh oh! :''D

    But I'm rooting for you to succeed! ^__^

    VastaaPoista
  4. You seem to have the same 'problem' as me. I buy loads more stuff for myself than for others as presents. I don't buy too much of one things though (well, 'too much' can be debated, and is debated whenever Valentine discusses my hobbies with me), I just move on to other things when there's enough of one variety. First there were the figures. When I was starting to have too many, I sold any that weren't absolute keeps and moved on to dolls. Now that I have so many of those, I switched to loli clothes and Nendos. So I'm kinda fretting what I'll come up with next once my wardrobe is starting to get full... And this is why I need to practice on just not buying anything :D I want to save up money so we can pay off out house sooner and go to trips and stuff.

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit