Haul(s)

No photo, since it is now officially too dark anytime I'm home, except for the weekends. :( I need to snap more photos then, so that I have illustration for the weekday posts as well. Since most of my posts have photos, the ones without  sorta drown in there... But! To the topic!

This week I received most of the stuff I had coming. The Chess Chocolate skirt won, being the first one in my hands, altough the Sololita-wig can call bullshit, since it was actually the first one home. :D Meaning, that when I got home on Monday, I had too post notices and one customs declaration waiting for me. The other notice was for the Chess Chocolate, the other one took me ages to figure out what it was. It was a notice for a large letter, meaning it had no tracking, which puzzled me, since all of these orders had tracking. I was almost convinced some relative had sent me something, when I remembered the Napidoll wigs which were sent by airmail. :D The customs letter was for the Closet Child order.



The next day, I stalked anxiously at the CC tracking, but it didn't budge from the customs. I then got a msg from Valentine that there was a package home for me. I got my hopes up, only to zquickly find out it was the wig. So, I stopped by the post on my way home to pick up the Chess skirt and the Napi wigs. The Baby skirt from Closet Child came the next day.

Now then, for the haul. The Chess Chocolate is as intricate a print as I had thought it was. It's a mini skirt, so I'll mainly be using it come spring, but it is cute. Only thing is, perhaps because it's an older AP, it doesn't have the usual side pocked, which was the feature I loved most about AP. But it has an adjustable back shirring (which I have to use at full width anyway). I still want this in both ivory and mint, but the pink is a start.

Then the Sololita wig, whih had me nervous. It looks actually to be ok quality. The fiber is a bit shiny, but the cap doesn't show and there's enough of hair to make it full. To save my nerves I won't get anything more from them and maybe go for a Gothic Lolita wig if I need another.

The Napidolls were also a bit shiny, which works for Yuffies yellow wig, but not so much for Hani's wig. Might have to sell that one, since it is just overall too saturated for the little one. Both wigs were the Sully style, straight with bangs. The bangs were very straight as well and I already took scissors to Yuffie's wig to make it more natural. Might have to work on it some more, but looks good already.

Then the Baby skirt. Oh, it is so cute! Can't wait to get my new petti home (and hopefully it is the right lenght and puffyness) so that I can wear it to the maximum effect. :3 Baby is more toned down that AP and it makes for nice variety for my wardrobe. And now that I know what kind of Baby skirts to look for... XD I'm doomed! With both of these brands, there are of course prints and styles that don't suit me, Baby has a bit more of these than AP, but then both have these absolute must get prints! For AP they are mostly the deep chocolaty and other desert prints. With Baby, they are the fairytale border prints.

Now I'm still waiting for my haul of shirts from Taobao which are on their way. I was pretty excited for them, but now that I've had to resew all the buttons on my previous blouse from the same shop, I'm a bit more cautious. Well, I still need blouses :)

And tomorrow it's the start of November. And I still haven't decided what I'm going to write about. I have a haul of ideas! My choices are: a sorta-sequel to last year's novel (about Audrye and Kalla), the Cheshka Origin story or a Binary Knight sequel. I'm sorta itching to write about Nigel, and he is so easy to write about. I love all the characters and I have the plot pretty muh worked out. But since I'm not even finished with rewrite of Binary Knight 1, it feels like jumpikg ahead. The Cheshka Origins is long overdue, but it might span more than 50 000 words. And I haven't got the new details sorted yet. Thenagain, if I don't just do it, I might never do it. But the Audrye story came to me right after finishing last year. It's been boiling in my mind all year, but I've denied myself from writing it, so that it'd be preserved for the Nano. So if I don't write it, it feels like I'm letting the story down... And the story behind Kalla has always been neglected in every rpg he's been in...

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit