We're in the same boat

We're in the same boat

Hahaa! A landscape photo for the challenge!

When I read this week's title, at first I was like 'whuuut?!' since nothing came to me as an idea. Then I just sat there, staring at my dolls, thinking what I could do with this one. I obviously skipped right over anything playful with either boats or water, and went with another route to this phrase. In the end, it is used when you say to someone that you are/have been in the same situation than them, or know how they are feeling.



So I knew I'd do a photo with two of my dolls. But which ones would have that kind of connection? Yeah, I know that the viewer isn't going to know my dolls' backstories and hence wouldn't care, as long as the picture gave off the intended wibe, but it mattered to me. I thought of pairing up Alex and Phoenix, discussing about being bullied by Yuffie, but I had just used Lex last week, so I wanted to photograph someone new. Nikki was being all adorable, but I couldn't think of him in the same picture with anyone else...

In the end, my gaze turned to my little dolls, and to Hippu and Hani. Their relationship isn't all clear to me, I still have no idea who Hani really is in their story :D But so far I've had the idea that Hani looks up to Hippu, maybe even has a bit of a crush on him. And Hippu is very kind to her (maybe this would be the reason for the crush) and wants to help her all he can. So this ended up being a more of a senpai-moment in the photo.

You can always give your own opinion on how I did with this one (or any other photo of mine :D ), but I hope it conveys a feeling of an out-of-place-Hani being comforted by the in-terms-of-being-out-of-place-Hippu. They're in the same boat, both being out here as two little dolls in the wide world.

On the photography aspect, I actually just came across a nice article on backlit photography and wanted to try it out. It gives a nice effect, but next time I need to shoot with a lower ISO since these photos came out really grany... That tripod would really help so I could slow down the shutter speed (to have enough light even with lower ISO) so I need to see if I have the cash for it come tax returns. But the backlight gives a very easy way to get the bokeh effect, which I love <3 I'll be sure to go out more to catch those evening sunrays!

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit