Take Fright

Take Fright 1


Poor Hani looks like she's going to take flight if there's any sound to startle her >w< I don't know how y little ones ended up with all these resin fantasy-accessories... Nuu has always had her tail (nevermind the whole set of fantasy-faun-parts), Hippu has his big black wings and now Hani has kinda claimed these little wings on her head. I've always had a fondness for dolls with head-wings, but really got these on a whim, since they were available cheapish and in my own country. I might give these a little blushing some time, maybe just some glitter or something?



This photo was taken with ISO 200, f/2.0, 1/800, in semi-direct sunlight during late evening. I say semi-direct, because there were some leaves to cast shadows, but mostly it was direct sunlight shining on Hani. I hate that her face came out a bit blurred (I'm having some difficulty getting sharp focus with my lense nowadays, at times there's no prob, on other times everything's blurred...), but the background makes up for it. It's like a canvas, isn't it? :D

Honestly, with doll photography, the best thing I ever got was my f/1.8 50mm lense! Well, actually Valentine got it for me for X-mas, but still... I just love to do portrait photos with blurred backgrounds. I haven't managed to get really good photos with it of real people, but it's mainly a composition issue there. I'm so used to going up close to shoot dolls, which are small, that I forget to back up to take photos of people. So the photos get too cramped and don't have enough space around the subject.

I could really use some training of real life photography, but don't have much chances to do so. Or I'm just lazy and don't break out of my comfort zone... I often think that people don't like others taking photos of them, since that's how I usually feel about my own photos being taken. Thenagain now I'd love someone to take photos of me, but I'm so picky about them and generally not too photogenic and I want them to look very good... Gah, a dilemma...

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit