Other Me, The Silvertongue

So the flu has brought me restless nights and weird dreams. I honestly rolled in bed for hours last night, but I managed to get some sleep, of which this dream is a testimony of. :D

It all takes place in Vaasa, where my grandparents live. I've never met any of these people in there, but that apartement is starting to become a more frequent environment of my dreams. And now the funny/weird part: I was having this very interesting conversation with Philosopher (I had a really hard time deciding on a pseudonym of this man... We were students at the university at the same time and were involved in the same student groups. We've also played in same RPGs, which is why I've seen him at all after I graduated. More a friend of Darling's though.). It begins, as I'm at a meet of some kind, outdoors or like on a terrace of some sort. I have no idea who owns the place, but I think I'm there for dolls, since I have about half a dozen face-upped heads to give out to customers. A bit later there's some commotion, as I realise that none of the customers have paid me, but now I'm there, sitting on a bench, when Philosopher comes by and sits beside me with a grave expression.



He starts talking to me, but I only catch a few words, as I'm otherwise preoocupied by doll-related things. He snaps at me for not listening, as he has something he wishes to tell every close friend personally. I turn my full attention to him and say that I heard him saying something about retiring. Now, this fellow is still in his twenties, mind you, but he nods. Still gravely.

He goes on to tell me, that he has decided to retire from work (I have no idea where he works atm) since he wants to spend time with his kids now that they are going to school. And now my face should be like O_O but I'm nodding along to what he has to say, all understanding while the truth unfolds.

The Other Me didn't know either, that he even had any kids, and it appears that it was a secret he had wanted to keep, until now. He tells me that his younger child, a girl whose name I now can't remember, but it was an ordinary one, like Mary or something, is starting school this fall. His older child, named Derby (Lol! I don't know where I'm getting this, honestly! And since I can remember trying to hold in a sneer even in the dream, I can be sure that the other kid was named ordinarily) was a year older. And now he wishes to become a stay-at-home dad and it's something he and the mother of the kids have discussed. The mother's name is Joanna and I've never met her before, irl or as the Other Me. (Irl Philosopher is dating somewoman, I've even met her, but I think her name isn't Joanna. Also, in the dream I got this clearish picture of her, which was of a serene blond woman, as Philosopher's real partner has dark hair.)

He then asks what I think about all this. And here comes the Silvertongue :D With a straight face, without as much as a blink, I take all of this in and tell him that if this is something he has decided on, it must be the best thing for them. I tell him that they have made a smart move letting the kids go to kindergarten, to learn about some independence, and only stay with them now when they go to school. (Irl, I have no strong opinion about stay-at-homes or kindergarten. Both have their pros and cons and I think every parent chooses whichever best suits them and neither should be scolded a making that choice.) My very understanding tone seems to move him and he seems very relieved. He even goes on to tell me about the 0-child (0 as in zero, but in the dream I knew/saw that it was written with the numeral. His words, not mine!), that was the first one conceived but had been stillborn, died at birth or at early infancy. Probably stillborn or even miscarried because he didn't have a name...

All in all, a very weird conversation. But Other Me had kept a straight face despite all the surprises and had convinced Philosopher that she was very much on his side. Not that Other Me would secretly had anything against what he had just said.

The dream then went on to take place at my grandparents' apartment. My grandparents weren't there, but Sister and Valentine were. I think we were packing up or something, untill my Sister was alarmed that a strange man had just come in to the kitchen. Now the apartment is in the third floor (if I remember correctly, not the ground floor for sure) and the only way out of the kitchen is the balcony, but sure enough, there was this grinning man stading in the balcony doorway.

He was a strange creature. Around my height, but his porpotions were a bit off. His head was round, with a fluff of sand-coloured hair. The face was somewhat ordinary, although his mouth was a bit wide. The neck was a bit too thick and longish, much like that of a drawn character. Slender shoulders, thin arms and legs, showing joints clearly. His chest was wide for an otherwise frail figure, but the waistline was thin, although unnaturally straight. He sorta looked like he had been starving, like he had a wide ribcage, but the waist had withered, so his torso looked like a square on top of a slightly smaller square.

Anyway, this man was intruding. He was scaring my Sister, and his looks disturbed me as well. I didn't let any of that show, however. Other Me had again that straight face as she looked the man square in the eye and told him off. Now I can't remember anymore exactly what I said, but it was pretty damn cool, and Silvertonguey. I only recall, that in the end, Other Me was looking the man up and down, frowning and telling him that he was not that much of a man to be intruding our place. Then I called out to Valentine, who came over, towering even taller and wider than irl and pointed out to the gnarly man that this was what a 'real man' looked like. Apparently Valentine was intimidating enough, since the intruder then scraped off.

I'd very much like to know where I got the intruder's face from... I can't now recall seeing anyone like him... The posture was somewhat like Swayne from Ni no Kuni, but the height, other body build issues and face was all different. I think it's from some game/fantasy movie or maybe a mix of several sources. I knew even in the dream that he was very out of place, like stiched together. I sorta hope I don't see him anymore though, since he was a bit scary. And I don't know how far my Silvertongue will take me :D

Kommentit

  1. Oooh~ Scary grinning man! Awesome!

    You and hubby have that way to make me feel really sad that I never remember any of my dreams. xD Dream lives seem delightfully weird, it would be nice to know what I do all night long. xDDD

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit