Sugar and Spice

choco-pop

This is a nice intermediate day between those two. Yesterday we played another game of RuneQuest where my character Taffee is really a spice of her own. It was again a while back when we last had a session (this always sounds a bit dirty to me but what the hell, can't think of a better word for it) and this time as well it took me a bit of effort to tune into Taf's way of thinking and talking. We seriously started the game with the following dialogue where my character was asking who was the dwarf that was going to accompany us:

"And who might you be!" - no! - "Who are you?" -no!!- "Who the fuck are ya?" :D



Taf's a real charmer... And me, who isn't that temperamental, get to try something new, since she can really blow up in seconds and doesn't much care who she blows off to. What I need to work on though is the letting go part of a quick temperament. I'm a grudging person myself, but it wouldn't really suit Taffee, who would feel grudges to be chains to hold her down. It helps here that the games are weeks apart, since I need time to let go of things. During those breaks I can forget what Taf was so upset about, since they never really are anything to be upset about.

Tomorrow however, it's all about sweetness. Or bittersweetness more probably. I'm going for another try for a JSK.

I already mentioned I got rid of the AP Sweetie Chandelier JSK. I still think that I want a JSK in my wardrobe, I just need to find one more suitable to my bodytype. And thankfully AP has started to release low waist JSKs that might fit me better.

Low waist JSKs and tights, those seem to be the upcoming trends in lolita, at least for AP. The sweet scene has been dominated by overknees but now there's tights available for almost every print/collection. Which is excellent news for me, since I prefer tights anyway. Overknees are cute on the little model girls, but on my legs they roll down unattractively and make my legs look so wide. Simple tights, with preferred vertical stripe motif, look much better, no matter how much inconvenient they are.

I'm hoping the low waist JSK works, but I have my doubts. The silhouette would be better for me, yes, but I'm fretting about fit in general. Or around the chest, in particular. Your regular JSKs usually come with shirring, that allow even me with my enormous boobs that only Valentine likes (but he likes them for all of the others as well) to wear them. They fit around me, but the cupsize makes it that the JSK's waistline rises up that crucial few inches, to make them look like lower empire waist on me. Now for low waist JSKs, AP doesn't seem to make them with shirring... The last collection they made (Melty Royal Chocolate), they made the low waist JSK in two sizes: M and L, of which the latter might have fit me. They don't make many of them though, I have never seen the L-size on sale anywhere.

Now tomorrow they'll release the Chocolate Musee (yeah, :D ) print, which you can see on the top there. Bottom center is the low waist JSK, which I want in ivory, and in a size that'll fit me. I don't know if it's even going to be made. I don't know if any will come available online. I don't know if I'll be able to win a click war to get one.

But if it isn't this one, someday I'll get one of these. The MRC low waist JSK in ivory (size L) is still my absolute favourite, the side ruffles are too damn adorable. This one is second. But the way AP keeps releasing these, I'm sure there'll be more to come. And if Baby picks up on this trend... I'll be in trouble for sure! (Until I finally get one, note that it doesn't suit me and just stick to skirts...)

Kommentit

  1. Hahaa! Won! At first I was bummed since the Musee de Chocolate items were only on the Japanese online shop, but by the time I got to work the Int online shop had opened and the items added there as well. The servers were under stress and there were only 7 of the mint jsks left (from bigger pictures the mint was by far the cutest, the ivory one had a dark brown bust which didn't look that good imo). Managed to snag one of them, as well as a matching beret! :D Now the wait begins.

    VastaaPoista
  2. Ohai!
    Decided to not just stalk anonymously but to leave a comment too!
    I found my way here just now! :3 And wow, you have lots of interesting and beautiful stuff here too~ Thanks for including a link to my blog here. Is it ok if I add a link to your blog in the "Spica reads" blog-roll on my webpage as well? :3

    Congrats on winning the mint jsk and the beret! ^3^ I myself don't dress in lolita-style (well, I sometimes take inspiration from it, but I don't own any brand stuff... maybe someday.)but I certainly love looking at the prints and the pretty dresses.

    VastaaPoista
  3. Hi there and welcome!

    I don't mind at all if you include my blog in your links, if it's something you read :) Myself I list all the links I regularly go through (although I should really clean up a few links to blogs that have been dead for a long time), it's just easier to find them from here than from bookmarks for some reason. And I love comments, so thank you for coming out! I also love that you reply to comments made to your blog, makes me always want to comment more.

    Well, I didn't really 'win' the dress... More like when you 'win' at doll-lotteries, I still had to pay for it :D Lolithings are pretty new for me too and I don't count myself as a 'tru-lolita', more as heavily-loli-inspired as I love the style, the prints and the colours.

    Anyway, glad to hear from you :)

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit