Skirthems

SweetJewelryPrincessSkirt-topaz



Above is one of the four dresses I bought from Tokyo. The tally was this one from Baby the Stars Shine Bright, two from Angelic Pretty (although one of them is a mini skirt and not lolita) and one from Bodyline. The APs are both very pastelybright, the BL is a mint/black basic but Baby got me with the skirt's sweet elegance. I think that about sums it up for lolita&me.



I first fell for the sugar overload of AP, maybe because it's such a drastic move away from my dull wardrobe from before. Sure, I also think that many of their prints are a bit too over-the-top, but then there are ones that just melt my heart. Of my current Wanted list, all are AP (Chess Chocolate, Little Bird Symphonia for prints). Their clothes have that fresh feel, pop of colour and just overwhelming happiness pulsing from them! AP is the one on my FB watchlist and I always dread for their new releases... And search for their skirts on Closet Child :D

Now until I win the lottery, I just can't have it all AP. And not just because I couldn't fit into any of their blouses with my cup-size. For my basic loli needs, I'll gladly turn to Bodyline or F+F. Affordable blouses, pettis and such. Although I've bought cutsews from AP, I fear that they'll go linty quickly, since I tend to wear out shirts pretty quickly. Hence I'd like to see more shirts from the cheaper off-brands. Also, I've alrady got one winter coat from BL and now I found a really cute one from F+F that can be bought in ivory! Must get that for this winter. The coats are not cheap compared to regular coats, but for wool, it's ok. For cute? Even better :D

And then there came Baby. I used to think that they looked a bit too antiquated, but having seen them in person, I have to admire their quality. The feel of that skirt is wonderful! The lace is really thick cotton lace and the fabric has a really nice matte feel. Compared to that, APs smooth (although still good quality) cotton fabric looks almost cheap. Only downside, at least with this skirt, is that it has no pocket. All of APs skirts I've owned have had a pocket and they are so convenient!

And the prints... They have a completely different feel than AP, just like the fabric itself. But it's starting to grow on me. There have been some others that have intriqued me (like Juicy BABY Love Love Berries in mint) but the Sweet Jewelry Princess (picture above) really was a love at first sight. I was just browsing through the skirts in CC and this one caught my eye. I had never seen it before, but it was cute, a bit more toned-down and would go well with my off-white/brown accessories. I immediately knew I'd buy it. And I don't regret it! Even Valentine said it looked good on me and when I met with my grandparents, my granny wanted a closer look of the print.

And then I went browsing for more Baby goodness. They just released a new line Welcome to the Sweets Hexenhaus which blew me away. I so would have wanted that skirt in mint. Too bad I'm a bit late, the reservations are over already and although their SF branch still has the mint one (and only the mint one) they apparently don't ship outside North America. Gah, like I needed more skirts to drool on... That one might just creep up to the Wanted-list. And I'm sure that in the future, there will be Baby prints there, battling over the APs.

For now though, I'll have to do with the four full skirts I have hanging in my closet. With a brown, ivory, pink and mint/black skirt, it should hold for quite a many outfits. Still won't give me a variety for even a full wekk yet. Although that is mostly due to my lack of blouses. I really need a few good ones of those. And shoes. Oh, I didn't even mention that I ordered my first 'real' loli-shoes, although just from BL, but still. I'm all :3 waiting for them. If they fit well though, I'll go for an ivory and maybe a pink pair later.

By the start of new year, I might really have an all-Asian wardrobe :D Here's hoping at least!

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit